I show that your Lydia Mae Dray is descended thus:
Edward Dray and his wife Mary Agnes "Nancy" ?
Charles Dray & Peggie McMahan
William Dray & Elizabeth Johnston
Charles Dray & Sarah Elizabeth McCready
Obediah T. Dray & Anna Harriman
Lydia Mae Dray born 24 Dec. 1899 in Farmington, IA. She was raised by the William and Jennie (Dray) Pepper family. Jennie was a sister to Charles Dray, Lyda's grandfather. On 2 Dec.1910 in Knoxville, I she married Fred Dixon. He was the son of Sherwood G. and Josephine Dixon and was a mechanic. Fred died on 6 Aug. 1966 and Lyda died on 4 Sep. 1973 in Des Moines, IA. They were both Mormons and lived in Arizona and Iowa. They lived at 3101 Clinton Dr., Des Moines, IA and had five children:
1. George Nobel Dixon had three children: Richard William, Robin and Daniel Dixon (who married Sallie ?).
2. Harold Eugene Dixon was born in 1922 and lived in Washington, DC. His children were: Harold Eugene Jr., Michael Lee and Barbara Lou Dixon by his first marriage and Richard Sharewood, James Niles and Thomas Neil Dixon by his second marriage.
3. Herbert Owen Dixon was born in 1923 & lives in Oskaloosa, IA. He married Anna Marie ? and had Gary Lee (who had Gary Jr. and Stephen), Herbert Owen Dixon, Jr., John Archie and Mitzi Ann.
4. Shirley Dixon married John C. Fiscus and lived in Arizona. They had Douglas Lee, Sheila Ann and Kathy Sue.
5. Hazel Bernice Dixon died at the age of 6.
I have further information, including a copy of a letter written by Lyda Dray Dixon in 1970 to my mother. Please contact me privately if you have further intetest.
Toni B. Rodgers
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|