I wonder if you can help me please? I am trying to research my Surrey/London/Middlesex, England - Druce ancestors and have got stuck on Thomas Allen Druce my great great great grandfather. He had a Marriage- to Mary and nine Children:
1. Mary Ann Druce b: 12 FEB 1794 in Bermondsey, Surrey, Eng
2. Martha Druce b: 9 JUNE 1795 in Bermondsey, Surrey, Eng
3. Thomas Druce b: 25 JULY 1796 in St Mary Magdalen, Bermondsey, Surrey, Eng
4. Mary Druce b: 16 NOV 1797 in Bermondsey, Surrey Eng
5. Martha Druce b: 28 NOV 1798 in Bermondsey, Surrey, Eng
6. James Druce b: 9 DEC 1799 in Bermondsey, Eng
7. Ann Druce b: 7 MARCH 1801 in Bermondsey, Surrey, Eng
8. Elizabeth Druce b: 6 AUG 1805 in Bermondsey, Surrey, Eng
9. William Druce b: 27 MARCH 1807 in Bermondsey, Surrey, Eng
His third child son Thomas Druce had a Daughter Susannah who married my great grandfather Thomas Robert Dunn in 1844 in St Marylebone. My thought that he may be one of the 22 Druce's is fairly circumstantial but I would appreciate your thoughts/assistance:
Thomas died on 6th April 1839 at Angel Place, Fore Street, London. He was aged 72 making his birth approx: 1867/8. T A Druces daughters Mary and Elizabeth Druce inherited 1 Angel Place and 18 Edmonton Place.
Reading his will he had numerous properties, our Thomas Druce inherited property in Dukes head passage, Newgate Market, which is an area where butchers get their meat from His son Thomas was certainly a butcher as was Thomas Robert Dunn.
Daughter Martha Druce inherited property at Herne Hill. I googled Herne Hill and Druce and came up with Charles Druce 1762-1845, Steward of the Manor of Dulwich, Solicitor to Dulwich College school for boys - father of "the 22 Druce's" . I can find no link to suggst brother/cousin ec and no further information on Thomas Allen save for a suggestion in one publication that Headmasters changed their name to Allen for some time .
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|