Thank you Don,
You are correct about history error. Here is a composit of 3 generations of data from cousins we have met from this "back of old picture" posting. Anyone wishing the entire lineage please ask, it is Family Tree Maker software.
Descendants of Ellick E. Duggins
Generation No. 1
1. ELLICK E.1 DUGGINS1 was born Abt. 1725 in Cork Co. (Near Blackwater River), Ireland, and died Abt. 1800 in Amherst, Virginia1. He married ALICE abt. 1745 in Cork Co, Ireland.
Notes for ELLICK E. DUGGINS:
It is believed that Ellick and his wife along with first child Ellick Jr. migrated to the colonies between 1747 when Jr. was born and 1750 when Alexander was born.[duggins, John.FTW]
1. Ellick was deeded 60 acres on March 9, 1762 in Amherst County, Amherst, Virginia (along the Pedlar River and Huff's Creek) near Amherst County line and Albemarie County.
2. On October 6, 1769, Ellick sold his 60 acres to Francis Garner for 60 British pounds. His wife is mentioned in the records, but not named.
3. Ellick may have come from Cork County, Ireland, along the Blackwater River in the Northern part of the county. Early settlers to Virginia came into the James River region in 1607-1700.
4. Appears in 'Heads of Families at the First US Census, US Bureau of Census, 1908 (189 p), p. 49.
5. Plot book 1761-1803, p. 3.
More About ELLICK E. DUGGINS:
Migration: Bef. 1750, Virginia, Colonies
Children of ELLICK DUGGINS and ALICE are:
i. ELLICK JR.2 DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1747, Cork County, Ireland.
2. ii. ALEXANDER SR. DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1750, Amherst, Virginia; d. Bet. 1801 - 1809.
iii. WILLIAM DUGGINS1, b. Abt. 1751, Amherst, Virginia1; m. (1) ELIZABETH PERKINS1, Abt. 1770, Amherst, Virginia1; m. (2) MARY GOOLSBY1, March 01, 1784, Amherst, Virginia1.
iv. BENJAMIN DUGGINS1, b. Abt. 1765.
Generation No. 2
2. ALEXANDER SR.2 DUGGINS (ELLICK E.1) was born Abt. 1750 in Amherst, Virginia1, and died Bet. 1801 - 1809. He married MARY.
Notes for ALEXANDER SR. DUGGINS:
1. Alexander Duggins had a record of owning land in the plot book 1761-1803, page 228. Pedlar River, both sides on 5/12/1785.
2. Also, Pedlar River on the south branches on 4/15/1775, plot book 1761-1803, page 212.
Children of ALEXANDER DUGGINS and MARY are:
i. ELIJAH3 DUGGINS.
ii. RICHARD DUGGINS1.
iii. WILLIAM DUGGINS1.
3. iv. DAVID SR. DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1765, Amherst Co.VA; d. Abt. 1828, Grayson County, Kentucky.
4. v. ALEXANDER JR. DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1766, Amherst Co.VA; d. Virginia.
5. vi. PRISCILLA DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1771.
6. vii. DANIEL DUGGINS, b. Bef. 1773, Amherst, Virginia; d. October 05, 1802, Gerrard, KY..
7. viii. STEPHEN SR. DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1775, Amherst Co.VA; d. 1832, Izard Co., AR.
Generation No. 3
3. DAVID SR.3 DUGGINS (ALEXANDER SR.2, ELLICK E.1) was born Abt. 1765 in Amherst Co.VA, and died Abt. 1828 in Grayson County, Kentucky1. He married (1) LUCY STINNETT1 January 09, 1789 in Amherst, Virginia1, daughter of WILLIAM STINNETT. She was born Abt. 1772 in Amherst, Virginia1. He married (2) NANCY RINEY1 December 23, 1802 in Grayson or Washington County, Kentucky1. She was born Abt. 1784.
Children of DAVID DUGGINS and LUCY STINNETT are:
i. FEMALE4 DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1792.
8. ii. VINCENT DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1795, Washington County, Kentucky; d. April 1863, Grayson County, Kentucky.
iii. RHODA DUGGINS1, b. Abt. 1799; m. JOHN ARTMAN1, May 22, 1822, Grayson County, Kentucky.
iv. FEMALE DUGGINS1, b. Abt. 1801.
Children of DAVID DUGGINS and NANCY RINEY are:
9. v. DAVID (JR.)4 DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1805; d. Aft. 1880.
vi. REUBEN DUGGINS1, b. Abt. 1807; d. January 16, 18501; m. UNKNOWN1, Bef. 1830.
10. vii. ELIJAH DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1810; d. Aft. 1825.
viii. FEMALE DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1812.
ix. MALE DUGGINS1, b. Abt. 1814.
11. x. HARVEY H. DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1816.
12. xi. LUCY DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1820.
13. xii. WILLIAM DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1821; d. Aft. 1863.
4. ALEXANDER JR.3 DUGGINS (ALEXANDER SR.2, ELLICK E.1) was born Abt. 1766 in Amherst Co.VA, and died in Virginia1. He married SALLY SMITH1 January 22, 1787 in Amherst, Virginia1.
Notes for ALEXANDER JR. DUGGINS:
1. David Duggins is listed as the best man at Alexander's wedding.
Children of ALEXANDER DUGGINS and SALLY SMITH are:
14. i. HENRY4 DUGGINS, b. December 22, 1787, River Dam, Virginia; d. June 07, 1852, Eaton, Preble County, Ohio.
15. ii. WILLIAM A. DUGGINS, b. November 19, 1794, Amherst, Virginia; d. February 18, 1872, Preble County, Ohio.
5. PRISCILLA3 DUGGINS (ALEXANDER SR.2, ELLICK E.1)1 was born Abt. 1771. She married RUEBEN SR. STINNETT. He was born Abt. 1774, and died Bef. 1850.
Notes for PRISCILLA DUGGINS:
1. Priscilla's brother, David, is married to Lucy, who was Reuben's sister.
2. Reuben's son, Charles, married Martha Duggins.
Children of PRISCILLA DUGGINS and RUEBEN STINNETT are:
i. JAMES N.4 STINNETT1, b. Abt. 1805.
ii. RUEBEN JR. STINNETT.
6. DANIEL3 DUGGINS (ALEXANDER SR.2, ELLICK E.1)1 was born Bef. 1773 in Amherst, Virginia1, and died October 05, 1802 in Gerrard, KY.. He married ELIZABETH. She was born Abt. 1776 in VA.
Child of DANIEL DUGGINS and ELIZABETH is:
16. i. JOHN4 DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1794.
7. STEPHEN SR.3 DUGGINS (ALEXANDER SR.2, ELLICK E.1)2 was born Abt. 1775 in Amherst Co.VA, and died 1832 in Izard Co., AR. He married MARIA HANNAH GRAYHAM3 March 22, 1803 in Green Co., KY4, daughter of C. GRAYHAM and SARAH (SARY). She was born Bet. 1780 - 1785 in Pendelton District, SC, and died Aft. 1833 in Izard Co., AR.
Notes for STEPHEN SR. DUGGINS:
1826 - Commissioned a Captain in the Arkansas Territorial Militia, Indepence Co, AR.
15 Oct 1827- Stephen Duggins appointed as Magistrate, Izard Co.,Sugarloaf Twp, AR.
1830 Izard Co, AR census lists Stephen Duggins household, p. 107:
2? males under 5 (Carter)
2 males 10-15 (James)
2 males 15-20 (John)
2 males 20-30 (Stephen & Alexander)
I male 40-50 Stephen, Sr.
1 female 40-50 (Mariah Hannah Graham-Duggins) Note her name is Maria Hannah Grayham from a marriage record that Donald Duggins has)
Stephen Duggins, Sr. was listed on the tax lists of Izard Co, AR in 1830, 1831 and 1832.
It is believed that Stephen Duggins, Sr. died (if not please advise) and is buried in Izard Co, AR.
Notes for MARIA HANNAH GRAYHAM:
Maria Duggins was listed on the tax list of Izard Co, AR in 1833.
Marriage Notes for STEPHEN DUGGINS and MARIA GRAYHAM:
[Bev Johnson, Descendants of Stephen Duggins, Sr., "Electronic." Page 2]
Marriage bond issued 22 Mar 1803 in Green Co, KY. Stephen Duggins and William Russel were suretors. C. Elijah and Sary Grayham parents of Maria. Witnesses were John Elmore and William Tribble. Marriage performed by William Mathis.
Children of STEPHEN DUGGINS and MARIA GRAYHAM are:
17. i. STEPHEN JR.4 DUGGINS, b. Abt. 1805, <Louisville, Jefferson Co.>, KY; d. Bet. 1847 - 1850, Ozark Co., MO.
18. ii. ALEXANDER SAMUEL DUGGINS, b. 1808, Green Co., KY; d. Bef. 1860, Ozark Co, MO or AR.
19. iii. JOHN DUGGINS, b. Bet. 1810 - 1820.
20. iv. JAMES G. (BENJAMIN ?) DUGGINS, b. 1817, Green Co., KY; d. Bet. 1861 - 1865, Norfork, Baxter Co., AR.
21. v. CARTER DUGGINS, b. 1825, MO; d. Marion Co., AR.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|