Hello Juanita –
Thanks for your email
1. You ask from where the info came suggesting Thomas, the son of Patrick Durack and Mary Delany, married Mary Mason. I am not sure now, but think it came from the following NSW death record?
372/1919 DURACK THOMAS PATRICK MARY SYDNEY
2. MPs diaries are in the Battye Library in Perth
3. MP's diary noted the death of Thomas Durack
4. Regarding Jeremiah and Margaret Durack – the only Durack couple I know of these names is Jeremiah Darby Durack and Margaret Kilfoyle Durack; QUESTION: have you located another couple with these first names? Where?
5. “The only Thomas I can find dying in Western Australia in 1902 Parents Jeremiah Durack and Margaret unknown. The dates for this Jeremiah and Margaret don't fit with Jeremiah Darby Durack and Margaret Kilfoyle Durack” – Question: what dates?
6. The death of this Thomas is registered in WA: died aged 36; Registration number1073 in 1902 in WA; Place of birth recorded as Goulburn NSW; father = Jeremiah; Mother = Margaret;
7. I have not seen any analysis of Mary Durack's books "Kings In Grass Castles" and "Sons In The Saddle" to support the view that she took any liberties with the facts; however, as the internet creates more access to information previously inaccessible I am sure we will find evidence of where she may have got things wrong; but her writing seems to me at least to have been guided by the facts that were available to her at the time she wrote; 60 years later there are more facts available; Mary’s papers in the Battye show that she was slaving over the records almost to the end of her life trying to accurately put together the family jig-saw; there is amongst her papers NO EVIDENCE THAT I CAN FIND that she deliberately took any liberties with the facts;
8. I am not absolutely sure who Thomas's father was other than that he was Patrick married to Mary! My notes record that Mary to be a Delaney; but I am not sure now where that surname came from; I suspect it must be from the NSW Registry of Birth, Deaths and Marriages.
9. I would be delighted to see your details of the remaining siblings of Fanny (and Frank Clement) and to learn when these details came!
10. My wife is a grand-daughter of Mary Durack, Patsy’s sister.
11. I have done my best to reconstruct a Durack family tree in an on-line environment that might encourage others to suggest edits; you presumably have seen this online record?
12. Postscript: – from which of Stumpy Michael’s children does your son-in-law descend?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|