My relationship to Andrew Petersen DuShane, 5th GGson
Sources of information
1) Will of Isaac Dushane, New Castle Co. Courthouse, Wilmington, Delaware. Register of Wills, Book N. p.105. See LDS Call #: US & Canada Film 6540 p.105.
2) Will of Elizabeth Dushane, New Castle Co. Courthouse, Wilmington, Delaware. Register of Wills, Book N. p. 234. See LDS Call #: US & Canada Film 6540, p. 234.
3) Fayette Biographies, previously cited (see Isaac Dushane, b.1790).
4) Genealogical and Personal History of Wester Pennsylvania,(see Isaac Dushane, b.1790).
5) History of Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
Information comes primarily from the wills cited above. In the wills, Isaac names his wife, Elizabeth as sole heir to his estate. Elizabeth's will, in turn, names Isaac Dushane and Elizabeth Dushane, her grandchildren, as heirs. It also mentions that her grandchildren's father is Andrew Petersen Dushane. Each will names Christopher Vandegrift as executor or as witness. Isaac's will names Anthony Dushane as witness.
Elizabeth's will goes into great detail regarding her desire to free her slaves and to bequeath them land, housing, housewares, and farming tools.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|