Eastern Tn Dye families
1. Martin Dye came to North Farnham, VA 1666. He Married Margaret (Wright)(Sesssion)Dye They are the only Dye s recorded in North Farnham, in the late 1600s early 1700s, He had sons Arthur and Thomas and daughter, Sarah Dye born when he was nearing 60 about 1700. She had an out of wedlock birth in 1721 with Charles Dye born 1704 died Aug 1726. There were two Charles Barbers living in North Farnham Parish, VA in the earily 1700's. Charles Barber Jr. born 11 Aug 1704 in North Farnham Parish, North Farnham, Richmond county, VA and died 24 Nov 1726. I believe him to be the father of Thomas Dye born 1721. Charles Dye Sr. born 19 June 1676 in North Farnham Parish, Farnham, Richmond County, VA , married Mary Glascock and died 27 Nov 1726 Barber near the Dye family. The Martin Dye- Sarah Dye existence has been verified by Bart Dye who is the child of one of Sarah's brothers. Thomas Dye born 1721 could not be the child of Thomas born 1702 becaus the male DNA does not line up. I am sure that when we get one of the Charles Barber prodagy to do DNA it will line up with them.
Reference is made to a Thomas Dye in 1703 of the Va. Colonial Abstracts Vol.
17 pg 48. This individual could upon speculation be a brother to Arthur
Dye & Son of Martin Dye. Further mention of a Thomas Dye born 10 April
1721 is made on page 56 of the Regosters of North Farnham Parish.
We are looking for family members that are Barber to take the DNA test to secure the connection.
2. Sarah Dye was born ? and Died? had a bastard bond in 1721, North Farnham Parish that a neighbor Charles Barber paid on her behalf, we do not know if it was Barber that fathered Thomas or not.
3. Thomas Dye we believe was born in North Farnham Church VA, about 1721 to unmarried Sarah Dye.The DNA does not line up with any other DYE linage. DNA results are available at Familytreedna.com under the DYER linage testing.
4. Henry and Anna had: John, Sarah Dye Scoggins, William and Thomas TWINS, Agnes Dye Ramsey and Gilbert Dye. They all lived in Rutherford Co/Cleveland Co, NC. They ran into some financial issues in court records in the 1830's and the boys lost the land owned by Henry except John, who sold his about 1847 and moved to McMinn Co, TN with his 2nd wife Ailey.
Henry was the brother of George and son of John Dye, whose Father was Thomas Dye in 1771 SC court Records.
Henry married Anna about 1785-1790 and moved his family in 1799 to Rutherford Co, NC.
Where he died in 1808 about 1800 his father John remarried to a woman named Agnes Ferguson Stone, who had a son named William Stone. This John died about 1825 and left to his children by Agnes.
William Dye, Perry Dye I, Sarah Dye Collins and John Dye Jr.
1820 you will see Anna Weber living next door to John Dye on the Census, this is because, Anna had remarried to Casper Webber, we have a deed of gift to prove this and he died about 1818 and is buried with his 1st wife in SC.
Anna then bought and sold some property on Rosses Creek in the 1830s and then moved in with her youngest son Gilbert and moved to Spartanburg SC near other family in 1840, before they followed John to McMinn Co, TN
5. Gilbert Dye born 5 May 1803 9 Rutherford, NC Died Feb 1853 Mcminn county, TN ( This is the same location that John and Mary Seek Fry, his son Henry Fry and Alpha Rutherford were living per 1840 census, 1850 census, and records of pond Creek Baptist church, now First Baptist Church, Sweetwater, TN) He maried Priscilla Harrill born 20 Jan 1806 probably Rutherford county, NC died 7 Nov 1876 in Almartha, Douglas county, MO biried in the Frye cemetery near Almartha, MO
Gilbert Dye's, who died in MicMinn county, TN, daughter Mary Ann Dye married Azariah (Zear) Olden Parnell who lived in Mcminn county, TN for about a year then moved to Kentuckey. Unknowingly then he moved to Ozark county within 30 miles fo the Fry s their daughter Nancy Pricilla Parnell married James Marion fry who's father Harvy Fry lived next to Gilbrty Dye in McMinn county, TN.
Anna Webber, Percilla Harrill went with their Granddaughter/daughter to Ozark county, MO. Anna died just after arrivng in 1852. Percilla, Gilberts wife died in the 1870s. Percilla is buried in Hilo cemetery, Ozark County, MO.
6. Mary Ann Dye daughter of Gilbert Dye and Percilla Harrill was born 5 Apr 1831 in Rutherford County, married Zear Parnell 1853 in McMinn county, TN and died 2 Feb 1913
7. Nancy Percilla Parnell born 15 Mar 1855 in Hilo Ozark county, MO and died 13 Aug 1937, buried Frye cemetery, Douglas county MO married James Marion Fry born May 01, 1848 died 19 June 1901 from the last Trolley car wagon Accend in Springfield, Mo buried in the Fry cemetery, Douglas county, MO
8. James Ewing Fry was born 1895 to Nancy and James Marrion Fry, Married Emely Maude Hammons 1924 and died 1979, buried in Springfield, MO.
9. Elener Arline Fry born 22 June 1927, still living, Married Harold L. Maine born 2 June 1926, Died 29 Nov 1998
10. Phillip Maine born 05/04/1953 in Boise, ID Married (Bennie) Nona Ruth Bailey (Masters) 26 june 1976 (My wife and I)
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|