Jesse Lee Edney and Cynthia C. Stewart had the following children:
1. William Newton Edney 16 Oct 1835-17 Feb 1920
Md- 1st Elizabeth Ann Frasher and 2nd Susan Louisa Frasher.
2. Francis M. Edney 1841-abt. 1856.
3. John Bell Edney 21 Aug 1844-23 Dec 1873.
4. Joseph Stewart Edney April 1849-29 Nov 1877.
5. Elizabeth Edney 1853-21 Nov 1878.
William Newton Edney was probably born in Bear Creek, Dickson Co., TN., was married 24 March 1861 Bear Creek, and possibly died in Hickman Co., TN. His first wife was Elizabeth Ann Frasher 21 Sept 1845-10 Aug 1884. Their children were:
1. Robert N. Edney
2. William Andrew Edney 1863-1918
3. James Brownlow Edney 1866-1902
4. Susan Elizabeth Edney 1868-1897
5. Jessie David Edney 1872-1900
6. Cynthia Mabel Edney 1875-1936
7. Millard Fillmore Edney 1877-1918
8. John Carson "Boots" Edney 1879-1952
9. Thomas Yeargan Edney 1882-1974
Family members relayed the story that when Elizabeth died, William had so many children that he needed help right away and then married Susan. Susan was supposedly found as an infant by the roadside where she had been left by the Cherokee. She was found and raised by the brother-in-law of William (apparantly a Frasher since that was Susan's last name.) The children of William and Susan 6 Aug 1859-18 Oct 1924 were:
1. Robert Newman Edney 1893-1917
2. Samuel Jones Edney 1896-1920
3. Della Floyd Edney 1898-1918
4. Claude Turner Edney 1904
Joseph Stewart Edney was born in Dickson Co., TN, married 29 Nov 1877 Hickman Co., TN, and died Hickman Co. He was first married to Sarah A.J. Dunnagan and second to Almeda C. (Yates) Myatt on 21 Oct 1880. A Hickman Co. Newspaper reported that Sarah died a short time after her marriage. The children of Joseph and Almeda were:
1. Hettie Jane Edney 1881-1951
2. Hattie Rae Bessie Edney 1883-1946
3. Thomas Herman Edney 1886-1973.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|