Re: VORHIS Hannah and ERNST William
Although I am not an ERNST descendant I do have some info that was shared with me by my cousin, Cecil Davis. Cecil Davis was the son of Nellie Mae ERNST who married my grandmother's brother, Thurman Otmer Davis.
This info was taken from a family bible belonging to Mrs. Martin Roy of Lamar MIssouri.
William Strange ERNST born 11 Apr 1837, died 19 Jan 1902. Buried Bethel cemetery in Glencoe, Oklahoma, Payne county. Married 22 Jun 1856 "at the home of Daniel ERNST" to Hannah E. VORKIS. (born 1835, died 5 feb 1912, Glencoe Oklahoma.)
Note: I have Hannah's last name as Vorkis and not Vorhis. This could
have been my typo error when I was writing the info down again from my original letter.
William and Hannah had 10 children.
1. John Jacob ERNST. Born 11 Feb 1859 Iowa, died 26 Sept 1939. Married America Belle EBERSOLE.
2. Sidna G. ERNST. Born 15 Oct 1860 Iowa, died 14 Dec 1916. Married 1/ Harry Moore, married 2/ Emmett Moore.
3. William Strange ERNST. Born 28 Jan 1862 Lamar, Missouri, died 26 Jan
1899. Married Eva McPHERSON.
4. Mary Etta ERNST born 31 Augs 1866 Iowa, died 21 Feb 1948. Married 1/ Sam SILVEY, Married 2/ David McMURTHY.
5. Emma Elnessa/Emberta ERNST born 26 July 1868 Iowa, died 4 Jan 1950. Married James David McCLAIN born 1866 s/o Jesse Jasper and Lydia (Stockton) McCLAIN. liv 1910 Medina Co. Texas. Children were; William 1890, Gertie, Reathe, Lona, Redus, Fay.
6. Lydia Rurina ERNST born 8 Feb 1870 Iowa, died 28 March 1936. Married Erastus PATTERSON.
7.Theresa ERNST born 15 Feb 1872 Lamar Missouri, died 7 March 1902. Married Lester McPHERSON.
8. Martha Elizabeth ERNST born 28 Jan 1874 Esrom Missouri, died 10 Feb
1953. Married Charles William KINKLER.
9. Oretus ERNST born 15 April 1876 Barton county, Missouri. died 22 Jul
1913. Married Nellie Mae Aldridge.
10. Sylvester ERNST born 20 Jun 1878 Esrom Missouri, died 31 Augs 1955. Married Delia ANDREWS.
Notes; William and Hannah were noted living in Bloomfield, Davis county Iowa in 1859 and in 1862 Barton county Missouri.
Emma ERNST and husband James David McCLAIN were originally from the Arno area of Missouri in Douglas county. James' family owned the Newton McClain Saw Mill there near Williams Hollow.
John Jacob ERNST and his wife America Belle EBERSOLE had daughter Nellie Mae ERNST. Nellie and her husband, Thurman Otmer Davis were also from the area of Arno, Douglas county Missouri before they moved and settled in Payne county Oklahoma
America Belle (Ebersole) ERNST was born March 1, 1868, died Augs 20,1908. The daughter of Henry EBERSOLE and Margaret WERTZ.
ERNST burials at Bethel cemetery in Glencoe, Oklahoma, Payne county.
ERNST, America Belle (Ebersole) 1 March 1864 - 20 Augs 1908, wife of John
ERNST, Bessie 14 Jan 1902 - 20 Dec 1905, daughter of John and America
ERNST, Hannah E. 1836 - 5 Feb 1912, wife of William
ERNST, John Jacob 11 Feb 1859 - 26 Sept 1939, husband of America, and Della, and Jennie
ERNST, Lottie Belle 21 Nov 1923- 25 April 1927
ERNST, Oscar Lee 14 March 1919 -25 March 1989, son of John and Jennie
ERNST, Robert Franklin 6 Sept 1925 - 17 April 1927, son of Frank
ERNST, Roy 18 Sept 1903 - 1 Feb 1905, son of John and America
ERNST, William Strange 11 April 1837 - 20 Jan 1902, husband of Hannah Vorkis
====I hope this info is of some help to others researching this line======
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|