Brainerd, Lawrence,. Gary genealogy : the descendants of Arthur Gary of Roxbury, Massachusetts, with an account of the posterity of Stephen Gary of Charlestown, Massachusetts, and also of a South Carolina family of this name. Boston: unknown, 1918.Seventh Generation Page 119
HARRIET ELIZABETH7 RICKARD (Laura5 Gary, William3, Josiah4, Samuel3, Nathaniel2, Arthur1) was born in Pomfret, CT, 10 Jun 1826, and after the early death of her father removed with her widowed mother to Wheaton, IL, here she married 25 Jun 1848, Hon. Warren Lyon Wheaton, born in Pomfret, CT, 6 Mar 1812, the eldest son of James and Nancy (Lyon) Wheaton of Pomfret. Mr. Wheaton with his brother Jesse C. Wheaton and Erastus Gary were the founders of the present city of Wheaton, IL, moving from their native town in eastern CT in 1831 to the then wild region of "the far West." Mr. Wheaton was a man of excellent judgment, and acquired a handsome property. He was for many years one of the most prominent citizens of Wheaton, serving as County Superintendent of Schools, a member of the Illinois Legislature and Illinois State Senate and as a trustee of Wheaton College, the formation of which was largely due to the labors and influence. Harriet Elizabeth (Rickard) Wheaton died in Wheaton, IL, 29 May 1863, and her husband died the 1 Feb 1903. He married second, Christiana Shugg of NCY.
Children of Hon. Warren Lyon and Harriet Elizabeth (Rickard) Wheaton: (born in Wheaton, IL)
1. Warren Lyon8 Wheaton, born 11 Jun 1850; married in Wheaton, IL, 4 Nov 1914, Maria Lousie Stoddard born in Byron, IL, 5 Feb 1869, daughter of the Rev. James P. and Catherine Lucretia (Blanchard) Stoddard, He is a farmer and resides in Battle Creek, MI. No issue.
2. Stella Cornelia8 Wheaton, born 13 Feb 1853; died 9 Jun 1863.
3. Charles Henry8 Wheaton, born 20 Jul 1855; died 8 Sep 1856
4. Lucy Ellen8 Wheaton, born 22 Feb 1858; married in Wheaton, IL, 21 Sep 1887, William Herbert Darling, born in Hundley, JL, 9 Jun 1858, son of Thomas and Saphrona Maria (Barber) Darling. He is a public school teacher and a graduate of Eheaton College. They reside in Wheaton in the Wheaton family homestead built in 1849. No issue.
5. Wilbur Fisk8 Wheaton, born 12 May 1860; married in Wheaton, IL, 30 Dec 1896, Emmarette Randal Nind, born in St. Charles, IL, 21 Jul 1860, the daughter of Frederick Newton and Lucy Annis (Sanderson) Nind. They now reside in Dresden, MO. No issue.
6. Harry8 Wheaton, born 25 May 1863; his mother dying when he was 4 years old, he was brought up by his aunt, Mrs. Ellen Amanad (Rickard) Faville of Lake Mills, WI, and is now known as Harry Wheaton Faville. He married Rosalia Mary Apfeld. They reside in Lake Mills, WI.
ELLEN AMANDA7 RICKARD (Laura6 Gary, William5, Josiah4, Samuel3, Nathaniel2, Arthur1) was born in Pomfret, CT, 14 Jan 1829. Her father died when she was 2 years old and in her girlhood she accompanied her mother to Wheaton, IL. She was educated at the Mt. Morris school and married in Warrenville, IL, 30 May 1847, Alpheus Davis Faville, born in Manheim, NY, 17 Jun 1821, the son of John and Elizabeth (Guile) Faville. Mrs. Faville still lives in Lake Mills, WI, her long-time home and is active and interested in the affairs of the day, though in her 90th year (1918). After the death of her sister, Harriet, Mrs. Warren L. Wheaton, she took the later's infant son, Harry Wheaton, at the age of 4 days into her care, and he has since made his permanent home in Lake Mills, and has assumed the last name of Faville, though no legal adoption has taken place.
Children of Alpheus Davis and Ellen Amanda (Rickard) Faville: (born in Lake Mills, WI)
1. Harriet Elizabeth8 Faville, born 3 Sep 1849; married Henry Chandler Davis, and resides in Lake Mills, WI.
2. Stoughton Willis8 Faville, born 12 Feb 1852; married Emma Myers and resides in Lake Mills, WI
3. Laura Rickard8 Faville, born 24 Dec 1855; married Julian A. DuBois, and resides in Sauk Centre, MN
4. Cassius Clay8 Faville, born 29 Apr 1859; married Lena Hanson, and resides in Lake Mils, WI
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|