I am looking for information on James A. Fears b. in Va in 1798 according to the Puluski Co., Ark. Census. I believe him to be an ancestor. I have him listed as a blacksmith and it does not appear that his wife is with him in the census. I do have a James A. Fears as having land patents in Puluski Co., Ark in 1838, 1842. It does not appear that James is present in the 1860 census for Puluski Co. The following is an excerpt of the 1850 census:
705 James A Fears 52 M W Blacksmith - Virginia - - - -
- - Mary E Fears 21 F W - - Mississippi - - - -
- - Edmund Fears 19 M W Laborer - Illinois - - - -
- - Wm Fears 15 M W Laborer - Arkansas - - - -
- - Lucinda Fears 12 F W - - Arkansas - - - -
- - Louisa Fears 8 F W - - Arkansas - - - -
- - Alexander Fears 5 M W - - Arkansas - - - -
- - John A Fears 4 M W - - Arkansas - - - -
- - Thos Whitehead 24 M W Grocer Keeper - Mississippi - 1 -
- - Mather Scudder 45 M W Tailor - Mississippi - - -
I have an ancestor, Lucinda Fears who was born in Arkansas about 1835 which makes me suspect that this James A Fears is her father. She married Hugh Carter in Caldwell Co., Texas in 1858.
Does anyone know anything about these folks?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|