I repost this reply I had to the Anna-Barbara Fetterman post. She would be a sister of Johann- Philip Fetterman who my book says was born May 8, 1783 in Montgomery Co. Pa. married Sara Mary Dannehower. The original spelling was said to be "Vetterman" which may come from the German word "vetter' meaning weather. Tradition indicated that Balthasar, his wife, and young son Cassimer, left from the port of Rotterdam in the early summer of 1750 on the ship Patience to escape persecution. They arrived at the port of Philadelphia on Aug 11, 1750. His first wife died shortly after arrival. Balthasar settled settled in the Maxatawny Valley of Berks County and later remarried. The book I have begins with a translated copy of his last will and testament which must have been published on Aug 6, 1796.
Hello long distant relative! Anna's father is as far back as the Fetterman Family Tree has been traced in the Book I have by Tammy Bittner.
Anna's father was Johann Balthasar Fetterman. Born Nov 2, 1713 in Heuhausen Germany. He was married twice. His first marriage took place
in Ober-Florsheim, Germany to Catharine Gertraude (Anna) Ludwig. Second marriage was to Catherine Margaret Huff on April 22, 1751 in
Upper Milford, Lehigh County, Pa. She was the daughter of J. Georg Huff and Margaretha _______. She died 1807. Johann died July 6, 1796
in Long Swamp Twp, Berks County, Pa.
Children by Catharine:
1. Cassimer Fetterman born bef Aug 1750
Children by Catherine:
2. Herman Fetterman.
3. Catharine (Catharina) Fetterman married Samual Bachart.
4. Anna Rosine Fetterman
5. J. George Fetterman born Feb 22, 1752
6. Anna-Barbara Fetterman born Jun 7, 1753
7. Johann- Michael Fetterman born Jun 9 1755, Pa
8. Anna-Maria Fetterman born 1758
9. Anna- Susanna Fetterman born July 26, 1758, Long Swamp Twp, Berks Co, Pa. Married 1779 Heinrich Marsteller. Anna-Susanna died Oct
1822, Northhampton Co. Pa. Birth month might have been August?
10. Johann-Phillip Fetterman born May 8, 1761, married 1783, in Montgomery Co., Pa. Sara Mary Dannehower. Johann-Phillip diedl Oct 27,
1824, Hamilton Twp, Monroe Co., Pa. buried Hamilton Twp., Monroe Co., Pa.
11. Maria Salome Fetterman born July 29, 1762, Lehigh Co. Pa. Married Heinrich Martine
12. Anna- Margaretha Fetterman born 1765
13. Johannes Fetterman born Jun 1767
I am part of the 9th generation of descendants.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|