The book "A Freeland History ..." by Harry A. Focht, Ernest W. Freeland, H. Frank T. Freeland, and William B. Waton, 1971, by Thoroughbred Press, Hummelstown PA, has quite a bit on Georg Michael Fetterman 1733-1800; m. 10 May 1766 St Michael's & Zion Lutheran Church, Philadelphia, by Rev. Henry Muhlenberg, to Hannah Sturgis, d. 1802; emigrant 20 Sep 1753 to Philadelphia; owned large mills in Hesse-Darmstadt; operated Fetterman's Ferry Tavern, Perry Co PA, possibly still standing. Children:
1. George, m. Hannah Plumer to Rockdale Twp Crawford Co and Allegeny Co PA
2. William, to Middleton Twp, Cumberland Co PA
3. James, d. 14 Mar 1836, m. 1798 Elizabeth McDowell; to Summerhill Twp., Crawford Co PA; possibly m(2) Savina Rhodes.
4. John, to Plum Twp., Venango Co PA
5. Isaac,to Plum Twp., Venango Co PA
6. Joseph, to Mifflintown, Juniata Co PA
7. Rachel, b. 24 July 1783,d. 16 Sep 1874, m. 15 Oct 1801 James Freeland (her picture in book)
8. Hannah, b.8 Feb 1788; d.26 Mar 1855 unmarried.
If you do not have this, I can send a copy.
My mother was a Fetterman, but my ancestor is Balthasar Fetterman not Georg Michael Fetterman.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|