Patsey, here is what I have. I'd like to know about the Virginia incident you mentioned.
Descendants of John Files
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 FILES was born 1732 in Augusta County, VA, and died January 17, 1781 in South Carolina. He married MARY CATHERINE MANLEY 1759. She died in South Carolina.
Child of JOHN FILES and MARY MANLEY is:
2. i. JEREMIAH BENTON2 FILES, b. 1765, Augusta County, VA; d. 1848, Blount County, AL.
Generation No. 2
2. JEREMIAH BENTON2 FILES (JOHN1) was born 1765 in Augusta County, VA, and died 1848 in Blount County, AL. He married (1) ABIGAIL MONTGOMERY. He married (2) ABIGAIL MONTGOMERY 1788 in Pendleton Dist. NC.
Child of JEREMIAH FILES and ABIGAIL MONTGOMERY is:
3. i. FRANKLIN JEROME3 FILES, JR., b. 1797, South Carolina.
Generation No. 3
3. FRANKLIN JEROME3 FILES, JR. (JEREMIAH BENTON2, JOHN1) was born 1797 in South Carolina. He married MARGARET PEGGY DUNN Abt. 1818 in Blount Co. Alabama Territory, daughter of JAMES DUNN and MARGARET WINTON. She was born Abt. 1799 in Tennessee, and died Abt. 1870 in Fayette Co. Alabama.
Child of FRANKLIN FILES and MARGARET DUNN is:
4. i. THOMAS BENTON4 FILES, b. August 12, 1839, Blount Co., Alabama; d. March 01, 1905, Carbon Hill, Walker Co., Alabama.
Generation No. 4
4. THOMAS BENTON4 FILES (FRANKLIN JEROME3, JEREMIAH BENTON2, JOHN1) was born August 12, 1839 in Blount Co., Alabama, and died March 01, 1905 in Carbon Hill, Walker Co., Alabama. He married MARTHA JANE FELTMAN February 01, 1856 in Walker Co., Alabama, daughter of JACOB FELTMAN and ELVIREY TRAWEEK. She was born March 16, 1834 in Alabama, and died June 26, 1901 in Walker Co., Alabama.
More About THOMAS BENTON FILES:
Military service: Bet. March 24 - December 22, 1863, United States Volunteers, 1st Alabama Cavalry. Enlisted in the Union Army at Glendale, Mississippi at Private; promoted to Sgt July 1, 1863; mustered out December 22, 1863 at Memphis, Tennessee.
Children of THOMAS FILES and MARTHA FELTMAN are:
i. MARY FRANCES5 FILES, b. April 03, 1857, Alabama; d. March 29, 1936, Fox, Stone County, Arkansas; m. JOHN WESLEY HINESLEY; b. January 05, 1856, Georgia; d. September 02, 1924, Fox, Stone County, Arkansas.
ii. PERNINA ELIZABETH FILES, b. September 26, 1858.
iii. MARGARET ELVIRA FILES, b. October 20, 1863.
iv. ETTA LUCINDA FILES, b. June 23, 1866.
v. HELEN ELIZA FILES, b. February 03, 1868.
5. vi. EVA LUCINDA FILES, b. October 08, 1869, Carbon Hill, Walker Co., Alabama; d. March 01, 1969, Walker County, Alabama.
vii. CORNELIA MATILDA FILES, b. May 27, 1871.
viii. LAVONA MARTHA FILES, b. October 16, 1874.
6. ix. JEREMIAH FRANKLIN FILES, b. February 22, 1877, Walker or Cullman County, Alabama; d. Walker County, Alabama.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|