I am very interested in the information you have gathered. In this posting I am including information I have concerning the children of Nancy Jane Fivecoat. Please let me know if you would like information on additional generations.
1. Nancy Jane Fivecoat was born May 15, 1846, and died 1932. She married Jacob Frederick “Jack” Kleinbeck, son of Jacob Kleinbeck and Anna Schmidt, December 10, 1868 in Madison Co., IA. Jacob was born August 31, 1831 in Durrn, Germany (Source: State of Iowa Certificate of Death, No: 20-00186), and died March 12, 1907 in Murray, Madison Twp, Clarke Co., IA (Source: State of Iowa Certificate of Death, No: 20-00186)
Children of Nancy Jane Fivecoat and Jacob Kleinbeck are:
2. Caroline “Linna” Jane Kleinbeck, born November 07, 1869 in Murray, Clarke Co. IA; died June 21, 1940 in Murray, Clarke Co, IA. She married Jacob “Jake” Audlehelm November 24, 1887 in Osceola, Clarke Co., IA.
3. Della Kleinbeck born August 29, 1871 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA (Source: State of Iowa Certificate of Death, No. 20-00631); died August 22, 1916 in Troy Twp, Murray, Clarke Co., IA. (Source: State of Iowa Certificate of Death, No. 20-00631) She married Henry F. “Frank” Jacobe March 01, 1889 in Osceola, Clarke Co., IA. (Source: State of Iowa Return of Marriages in the County of Clarke, License No: 20-230) Henry Jacobe was born December 21 in Prussia, Germany, son of William “John” Jacobe and Dora Leauders. (Source: State of Minnesota certificate of death, No: D-52-A, County of Faribault) and died November 10, 1941 in Winnebago, Faribault Co., MN (Source: State of Minnesota certificate of death, No: D-52-A, County of Faribault).
4. Amanda Elizabeth Kleinbeck, born July 23, 1873 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA; died January 7, 1923. She married (1) Frank Layton, (2) F. Wesley Johnson September 04, 1891 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA, (3) Jacob I McVey October 01, 1921
5. Rebecca “Ella” Kleinbeck, born February 06, 1875; died June 01, 1954 in Winnebago, Faribault Co., MN. She married (1) George Newcomb (2) Frank Moore June 10, 1891 in Clarke Co., IA.
6. Melissa May Kleinbeck, born January 17, 1877 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA; died February 12, 1908 in Madison Twp., Murray, Clarke Co., IA. She married John “Jimmy” Stiffler October 15, 1893 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA.
7. Rose Alma Jewel Kleinbeck, born October 10, 1878 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA; died July 21, 1941 in Osborne, KS. She married Lewis Herman Jacobe, son of Edward Jacobe and Dora Leauders, July 09, 1895 in Osceola, Clarke Co., IA.
8. Frederick Jacob Kleinbeck, born May 01, 1880 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA; died June 09, 1967 in Fairmont, Martin Co., MN. He married Bertha Grace Miner, daughter of William Miner and Murphy, January 08, 1899.
9. Margaret Lavina Kleinbeck, born January 8, 1882 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA; died January 12, 1957 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA. She married Ernest Jacob Leeps, son of Charles Leeps and Eliza Taylor, September 27, 1899 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA.
10. Bertha Kleinbeck, born January 19, 1884 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA; died December 28, 1925 in Chariton, Lucas Co., IA. She married (1) ??? (2) Charles H. Page September 27, 1902 in IA.
11. Henry Edward “Ed” Kleinbeck, born December 10, 1887 in Murray, Clarke Co., IA; died February 16, 1924 in Excelsior Springs, MO. He married (1) Mary Fuller (2) Isa Denney (3) Mary.
There are four other children who are possibly the offspring of Nancy Jane and Jacob, but could also be children from Jacob’s first marriage to Catherine Schantz in New York. I have three family sources, which disagree on the parentage of the following children:
12. Mary Kleinbeck, born abt. 1864. She married Dinham.
13. John Kleinbeck, born September 28, 1863; died April 03, 1939. He married Flora “Esther” Moore.
14. Sarah Kleinbeck, born abt 1866. She married Hayden
15. Louise (Lou) Kleinbeck, born July 11, 1865; died June 13, 1943 in IA. She married Frederick J. Audlehelm June 26, 1884 n Murray, Clarke Co., IA.
According to one source John and Louise are the offspring of Catherine Schantz and Jacob Kleinbeck, while Mary and Sarah are the offspring of Nancy Jane Fivecoat and Jacob Kleinbeck. A second source lists John and Mary as twins and Louise and Sarah as twins – possibly all offspring of Catherine. The third source states that both Jacob and Nancy Jane were married previously and each had two children with their spouses.
What we do know is that in the 1880 census the following children are living with Jacob Kleinbeck and (Nancy) Jane Fivecoat:
John 17 Iowa
Mary 17 Iowa
Louisa 15 Iowa
Sahra 15 Iowa
Lina 11 Iowa
Della 9 Iowa
Amanda 7 Iowa
Rebecca 6 Iowa
Elisbeth 5 Iowa
Rosa 3 Iowa
Jacob 2/13 Iowa (born in April)
I have more information about descendents of the children of Nancy Jane Fivecoat and Jacob Kleinbeck. Please e-mail me directly for additional info.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|