I am a decendant of Thomas J. Flake and Laura Hulsey. Members of my family still reside in the Atlanta, GA area. I have a few family photos that may be of interest to you.
some T. J. Flake notes:
1. Lived in Russell Co. AL prior to Civil War
2. Served in Waddell's Battery Ala Artillery(Later 20th Btn Ala Light Artillery) as Sergeant of A & B Co. Fought at Vicksburg, MS. Captured and later paroled.
3. After War moved to DeKalb Co, GA. Married Laura Hulsey. Laura's brother, Col. William Henry Hulsey was veteran of 42nd Ga Infantry and later mayor of Atlanta.
4. TJ's brother Eugene married Laura's sister Alice.
5. E. A. and A. O. Flake's family lived in Henry Co. GA. One of their daughters, Algene Flake Elliot (born 1899) lives in Decatur Ga with her daughter (will be 102 this year!)
6. After the War, T. J. was a surveyor (a common trade for ex-artillery men) and miller. Proprietor of Flake's Mill on South River in southern Dekalb Co. GA.
7. T.J. and Laura are buried at Wesley Chapel Methodist Church on Wesley Chapel Rd in Decatur, GA. Someone has done the records. Can be found on GenWeb.
8. We are decendants of the Anson Co. NC Flakes.
9. Thomas is a common family name in our branch of the family. This confuses many researchers.
10. I have several family photos copied from collection of "aunt Algene". I will share the following, which I have in electronic form: T.J. circa 1900, Flakes Mill, Alice O. Flake and children, A.H & M.M. Flake (son and wife),W.H. Hulsey.
11. In the mid-80's I had many family photos copied and placed on file at the Atlanta History Center, W. Paces Ferry Rd. in Atlanta GA. Ask the librarian for Flake Family Collection.
12. Feel free to contact me: Thomas K. Flake, PO Box 973, Snellville, GA 30078.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|