Descendant is looking for more information on this family. Assuming the family name is “Flint“ based on other private information, but have no verification of that at this time. Do you recognize this family profile? Any information that you could supply would be extremely appreciated.
• Grandfather b. 1884 Ontario, Canada
• Grandmother b. 1890 Scotland--grew up/educated there
• Grandmother emigrated to Canada 1913
• Grandparents married 1914 in Ontario, Canada I assume (maybe Toronto)
• 1922 daughter born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• 3 other children all boys born in Toronto Ontario, Canada--no dates or birth order
• Family Presbyterian, father labourer in factory until can no longer work early 1940’s because of several hernias
• Early 1940’s mother sole earner in family (unsure what she did—was domestic before marriage)
• Brothers’ occupation: one in foundry, one in factory and one in armed forces
• 1942 – Child #1 - 1st grandson born Grace Hospital, Toronto to daughter --becomes Crown Ward—no info on father
• 1943 – Child #2 - 2nd grandson born Toronto to daughter --Crown Ward--eventually adopted by foster parents—no info on father (assume different father than for child #1 but could be the same)
• 1944 – Child #3 - 3rd grandson born to daughter & current mate. Assume that this is a common-law union. Not sure if the father of this 3rd child is father of two previous children or not.. Child #3 cared for & eventually adopted by grandparents (child’s parents move to Hamilton)
• 1945-1953 Children # 4,5,6 - 4th & 5th grandsons and 1st granddaughter born to daughter in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada with same mate (father of 4 Children #3 – 6)
• 1950 one son (aged 26 yrs) boarding with his parents, has lung infection and in sanatorium for short period
• Another son (not sure of time period) aged 34 yrs, with his family, renting rooms from parents
• 1952/53? Relationship with current mate in Hamilton breaks down and daughter moves back to Toronto, children stay with father for several years until he can no longer support them.
• Pre-1954 daughter has common-law relationship with new mate in Toronto, Ontario
• 1954 Child # 7 - 2nd granddaughter born in Toronto, Ontario with latest common-law mate
• 1956—Child # 8 - 6th grandson born in Toronto, Ontario with latest common-law mate
• 1958--Children # 4,5 & 6 - 4th & 5th grandsons & 1st granddaughter in Hamilton, Ontario, become Crown Wards (father can't look after them anymore & mother agrees that becoming Crown Wards best option for them)
• No other information available
• Summary: daughter b. 1922 Toronto, Ontario, Canada has 2 to 4 mates, unsure if ever formally married, and 8 children (6 boys, 2 girls), born from 1942 to 1956, in Toronto and Hamilton, Ontario, Canada—only last two children (boy & girl) remain with her—family had very limited resources over the years and unable to care for most of the children.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|