I've been looking all over the place for ANY reference to THIS George Washington Benton.
I was told by my father many years ago these "facts":
1. Born 1795 in Bristol, Connecticut.
2. Married Elizabeth Miller from England (year and place
3. May have had second wife from Ohio, or Elizabeth may
have been second wife from Ohio.
4. Was a medical doctor (year, school and place unknown)
5. Moved to Jacksonville Florida, before 1855 (as an adult
or taken there by parents?)
6. A son, Clarence Upton Vincent Benton, born 1855,
Jacksonville (may have had siblings)
7. Served as MD in the CSA during the Civil War. At 66
when the war started, he may have been pressed into
service as a civilian, rather than military.
8. Moved to Port Royal South Carolina. (before of after
9. Not listed in 1900 census (would have been 105 anyhow,
assuming DOB is correct)
He was my great grandfather.
Bob Benton La Verne CA
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|