I am looking for connections to my search in Carroll, Baltimore, and Frederick County Court House's as well as the Archives in Annapolis. I have checked local Lutheran & Reformed Church Records. The local Library and Historical Society Library at Westminster, Carroll County, Md.
I would like some opinions of the following information. Using Linda Smith's Genforum posting dated 07-30-99, Hans Nickel Vogelsong and Maria Margaretha Gentes his third wife's fourth child, George Vogelgesang born in 1724. Using "Ship Passenbger Lists - Pennsylvania and Delaware 1641 to 1825". Anna Appolonia Vogelgesang, Daughter of the Citizen Nickel Gentes at Breitfurt, (District of Homburg, Saar - This information was also in another book at Adams County, Gettysburg Pa. library which stated he was a Magistrate) was married to Georg Vogelgesang, the younger, ( apparently, also a resident of Breitfurt) living in America. (Deposition 05-06-1765) Presumably 'Georg Vogelgesang who arrived 10-21-1761 in the Snow Squirrel. George and Jacob Vogelgesang were passengers on the Snow Squirrel. COULD THIS BE THE SAME GEORG VOGELGESANG Sr. as my g.g.g.g. grandfather. - GEORGE ADAM VOGELGESANG CAME OVER ON SHIP BRITANNIA 09-18-1773 - COULD THIS BE GEORGE VOGELGESANG Jr.
Georg Vogelsang Sr. (possibly my g.g.g.g. grandfather) B. 09-09-1724 D. 01-11-1805 and wife Anna Sp___ B. 03-04-1726 D. 04-08-1793. Both buried at Kreider's Lutheran & Reformed Church cemetery at Westminster, Carroll Co. Md. They had 7 children. He obtained 3 land Grants. (1) 50 acres 1765 (2) 50 acres 1771 (3) 55 acres 1774. (Note Carroll Co. was not formed until 1837 so during this time the area was Frederick Co., also the spelling in Church records is Vogelgesang or variations and the government records is Foglesong) Georg Sr. 05-019-1802 sold 78 acres to George Jr. and 78 acres to Jacob. Kreider's Church records show the above attending Church. I am assuming George Jr. and Jacob are brothers.
George Vogelgesang Jr. and Katy had a son Daniel B. 07-13-1786, George Vogelgesang and Catharine had a daughter Elizabeth 05-23-1801. Per Kreider's Church records.
Jacob Vogelgesang (possibly my g.g.g. grandfather) Married Anna Maria (Frock) 03-06-1798. She was born 05-17-1769 D. 12-22-1817. Both buried at Kreiders's Church Cemetery. They had 8 children
(1) Daniel B. 12-17-1798 D. 10-05-1826 Buried at Kreider's - Wife's first name Catherine- Had at least 2 children (i) Rahel B. 12-23-1823 (ii) Catherine B. 01-??-1827
(2) Sarah Vogelgesang B. 10-11-1801
(3) Peter B. 09-27-1803 Peter moved to Preston County West Virginia about 1831. He was married to Mary (?? Friez - Friess- Fried ??)
(4) Rachel Vogelgesang B. 05-05-1805 D. 02-??1878 - Married George Inzer B. 08-06-1805 D. 01-20-1883 - had at least 2 children (i) Peter Inzer D. 02-18-1853 (ii) Mary Inzer D. 03-04-1859.
(5) Johanne George Vogelgesang B. 11-12-1812 (6) Mary Magdalene Vogelgesang No dates available
(7) Jacob Vogelgesang Possibly my g.g. grandfather No recorded dates from this source - If he is my g.g.g grandfather I have dates from the tombstone which I have listed on my first posting.
(8) Rebecca Vogelgesang No recorded dates - I obtained names Mary , Rebecca and Jacob from land records where they received their share of 40 acres which was their mother's share of her fathers estate.
A Jacob Vogelgesang and Elizabeth had 2 daughters Catharina B. 12-27-1819 and Susana B. 08-13-1822. They may have had another child Could this Elizabeth be the second wife of Jacob whose first wife was Anna Marie Frock. I will share details of my search to anyone interested.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|