My ancestor Rachel ? married Thomas Fouracre/Foreacre in 1856 after her first husband, Joseph Turner, died. Rachel was born 1808 in either TN or KY. Thomas Foracre was born in PA in abt 1799. He is on the 1860 US Census of Hocking Co. OH married to Rachel. His children Sarah, Catherine, and Caroline and a number of Rachel's children from her first marriage are living with them aling with Willaim Foreacre, age 8 months, so probably their child although Rachel was abt 52 then, so could be a grandchild. I descend from Rachel's daughter, Nancy Turner. Thomas' first wife was Lereuhama Tatman, who was the sister of my ggggreat grandfather, Isaiah Tatman. I've looked at Foreacre's for other connections and have this info:
1. Thomas Foreacre was the son of William Foreacre b. between 1770 and 1780 in PA and Sarah Johnson b. abt 1774 in MD or PA.
2. On 1850 US Census, Sarah (Johnson) Foreacre age 74 was living in Morgan Co. OH with her daughter Mary Clevenger 34 and Sarabeth Clevenger 3. Next to them were Stephen Foreacre [Thomas's brother] age 47, wife Elizabeth, children Lucinda, Eveline and William. Also in Morgan Co. was Richard Foreacre 38, cooper, wife Caroline 35, and children Joseph, Lewis [twins], Levi, Dugal, Sara and Eliza [twins] and Martha.
3. On 1850 US Census Jackson Twp., vinton Co. OH is Thomas Foreacre with daughters Sarah, Catherine and Caroline so his wife Lereuhoma had died by then. Vinton Co. was formed about 1850 from Hocking, and I think Morgan. On 1840 Census of Morgan Co., thomas and his wife [Lereuhoma] were both 40-50, with 3 sons and 5 daughters, so they had children in addition to Sarah, Cahterine and caroline, but I don't know names. They were 1 m. 5-10, 1 m. 10-15, 1m 15-20, 2 f. 0-5 [Caroline and Catherine], 2 f. 5-10 [one was Sarah], and 1 f. 15-20.
4. In 1850 there were also these Foreacre families living in Benton twp, Hocking Co. OH which is near Perry, Morgan and Hocking counties: Joshua foreacre 60, b. a Eliza 53 b. MD, Mary, elizabeth, David, Stephen, and Catherine. Nearby were Joseph Foreacre 30, wife Mary Ann 30, Julian [f], Joseph, William and John. and next door John W. or M Foreacre 33 wife Melissa 35, Kizine [m], Jasper, John, Samantha, and Martha. I believe that Joshua is a brother or first cousin to Thomas foreacre discussed above. I believe the Joseph & John living near Joshua were sons of Joshua, but have no proof - just proximity. they well could be Thomas's brothers.
5. In 1840 Morgan Co. there were 7 heads of households with the name Foreacre: Thomas 40-50, [discussed above]; Sarah 60-70 [Thomas' mother] with 1 m. 30-40 and 1 f. 20-30 - probably her daughter Mary Clevenger and her husband living there]; same page of census are Stephen Foreacre 30-40 [so likely thomas' brother],, wife same age, 1 male and 2 female children; Joseph 30-40 wife 20-30, 2 male and 1 female children; In another township of Morgan Co. are 3 Foreacre's all together on same page: Godfrey age 20-30, wife same,; Levi 20-30 wife same, 1 f. 0-5; Richard Foreacre 20-30 wife same, 1 ma and 1 female 0-5. There is also a John foreacre living in nearby Highland Co., age 60-70 [prob. brother or 1st cousin to Thomas's father William] wife 50-60 and 1 m. 10-15 living next to Rachel Fouracre 40-50 with 3 m. and 4 f. children.
6. Going back to 1830: Wiiliam Foreacre was in Morgan Co age 50-60, wife same, 2 males 20-30 2 f. 15-20 and 1 f. 10-15. Nearby is Thomas 30-40, wife [LeReuhama] 20-30 [she was born abt 1811] 2 m 0-5, 1 m 5-10 and 1 f. 5-10. I don't see Joshua or any others in the area.
7. In 1820 Morgan co. OH: Thomas foreacre 26-45 wife same, 1 m. 0-10 1 m 10-16 2 f. 0-10 [so thisis an older Thomas Foreacre, not the Thomas who is the son of William & Sarah]. William age 45+ and wife 45+ are also in Morgan Co. with 2 males 16-26 [Thomas should be one of these] 3 males 10-16 [Stephen, and Joseph?] and 1 f. 10-16 and 4 f. 0-10. also in Morgan co. is Joshua foreacre 26-45 [b. 1775-1795] with wife 16-26, 2 m. and 1 f. age 0-10.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|