Any additional/confirming/conflicting information would be appreciated:
In researching Bedford County, PA, I came across several editions of St Clair's Bedford: The History and Genealogy of Bedford County, Pennsylvania. One of the editions contained information labeled the 1850 Federal Census, East Providence Township, Bedford County. It included two entries for Fore:
Daniel Fore, Aged 35, farmer. Henrietta, aged 34; William H, aged 14 (school); Samuel, aged 12 (school); Jonathan, aged 10 (school); Elizabeth, aged 8 (school); Leonard, aged 6; Simon, aged 3.
Martin Fore, aged 40, laborer. Maria, aged 31, Cornelius, aged 15, laborer (school); William, aged 13 (school); Juliann, aged 12 (school); Wilson, aged 5; Elizabeth, aged 4; James, aged 2; Jacob, aged 1.
Points to ponder:
1. They use "Fore" while I have seen and been using "Foor" for Martin.
2. The children all match my records for Martin Foor, except I have Juliana and they have Juliann (two more children were born after 1850).
3. All the ages for Martin's family are off about 10 years from my records (I have martin b. 29 Jan 1800).
4. William is listed as a child of Martin and William H. is listed as a child of Daniel. I have William H as a child of Martin.
5. Daniel and Martin both have children named William and Elizabeth. The Williams are only one year apart, the Elizabeths are three years apart.
6. I can't find any other source that identifies this Daniel Fore, his parents, or information about the ancestors of Henrietta.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|