im looking concerning Peter Forney
1. born 1739 in Darmstadt, Germany
2. was a teacher and a soldier, who served in the Berks County militia
3. was listed in the 1796 Eli Lick Somerset county tax list.
4. died about 1802
5. his daughter is Elizabeth Forney, who has been as well confused and
as to Joesph or Peter she belonged. If you research close enough,
the 2 Elizabeths are different ones it seems.
my questions are:
1. who was his wife?
some link Mary Blough ( who was a wife to Peter Forney of 1828, who ended
up living in Big Grove,Iowa.) but my Peter in question
wasn't near Iowa. Was there 2 Mary Bloughs?
2. in the P.L. Livengood family history it states:
"It may also be of interest to the many descendants of Christian
Livengood, Sr., and his noble wife Elizabeth, daughter of Peter Forney, to
know that Peter Forney was born in Alsace, a province of France, was
educated in both the French and German languages, and was by profession a
teacher in the earlier years of his life, and later a farmer. He spelled
his surname Fornni, and most of the Forney clan of Somerset County are his
From the *Myersdale Republican* --1934."
3. who was Peter's Father then?
some say an Abraham Fahrney, others say Johann "John" Adam Forney ( son of
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|