Thank you for the reply - I guess we are in the same boat. Was the Emiline Beaver who married Nehemiah and William Beaver who married Loduska brother and sister. As the story goes - three Foutch brothers, James, Abraham and John left Ohio for Iowa and then on the California. James stayed in California and Abraham and John returned to the midwest sometime in the spring of 1868. Abraham and his family eventually migrated to Eagleville, Missouri (right near the Iowa/Missouri boarder off I-35). He and his wife, Susan Earl, lived there the rest of their lives. Susan was reportedly living at the time of Abrahams death, but I have no birth or death dates. John and wife, Samantha Swisher, ended up in Iowa on a farm near Melrose, in either Monroe or Marion County. The 13 children I have listed for Abraham and Susan are:
1. Mary Elizabeth Foutch b. July 30, 1858 in Iowa and died July 29, 1930 in Lakeview, Washington. She married Andrew Jerome Winters.
2. Nehemiah Danford "John" Foutch b. June 1, 1860. Married Barbara Emiline Beaver.
3. Male child who died as an infant in California Oct 30, 1862.
4. James Monore Foutch b. Oct 1862 in California and died March 8, 1965. (have assumed James was the twin of the above infant)
5. Alice Matilda Foutch b. Sept 16, 1864 in Diamond Springs, CA and died April 27, 1948. She married Miles Jacob Miller.
6. Catherine Thursia Foutch b. Sept 16, 1866 in Diamond Springs, CA and died May 1, 1885 in Iowa. Married M.J. Marshall.
7. Loduska "Lodie" Foutch b. July 5, 1868 (reportedly enroute back to Iowa) and died July 20, 1946 in Nebraska. Married William Beaver.
8. Albert Foutch b. Sept 23, 1871 in Lamoni, Iowa and died Jan 25, 1963 in Coffeyville, KS. Married Daisy Miller
9. Samual Foutch b. Oct 20, 1873 in Ringgold, Iowa and died April 14, 1963. Married Minnie Shannon Oct 24, 1897 in Ridgeway, Missouri. Samual's obit stated: "He was a retired farmer and operated a tire store in Madison."
10. Nelson Foutch b. Oct 7, 1875 in Ringgold Co., Iowa and died Jan 6, 1951 in St. Joseph, Missouri. Married Sarah Viola Henry.
11. Joseph Foutch b. Dec 27, 1878 in Ringgold Co., Iowa. Married Maggie Ping Jan 28, 1900 in Eagleville, MO. In 1920 they moved to Madison, Nebraska where he died Jan 31, 1965. They are both buried in the Crown Hill Cemetery in Madison.
12. Zachary Taylor Foutch b. Oct 13, 1881 in Ringgold., Iowa and died Feb 22, 1883.
13. Female child b. March 4, 1885 and died March 16, 1885 in Missouri.
Any corrections or additions would be greatly appreciated. This family is so huge and I just love the stories. Infact a daughter of John and Samantha, Christine, married Wilson Winters who was a brother of Andrew Jerome Winters who married Abraham and Susans daughter, Mary Elizabeth. Please feel free to email me direct: email@example.com
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|