I am looking for ancestors or descendants of Daniel Frazier, born in England. Came over to Charleston, SC an indentured servant. More information below:
Generation No. 1
1. DANIEL1 FRAZIER was born in England.
Notes for DANIEL FRAZIER:
Daniel Frazier was a Jacobite rebel captured in 1714 at Preston on Lanconshire, during the war between James and George over the throne of England. Arrived May 14, 1715 on Ship Sussanah, Thomas Blumthal, Captain, in Charleston, SC to pull seven years as an indentured servant in the army of Charleston. Later he moved to Bertie Co., NC and then to Granville County.
Children of DANIEL FRAZIER are:
2. i. JEREMIAH2 FRAZIER, b. 1734, Bertie Co., NC; d. Aft. 04 May 1809, Granville Co., NC.
ii. MALACHI FRAZIER.
iii. WILLIAM FRAZIER.
Generation No. 2
2. JEREMIAH2 FRAZIER (DANIEL1) was born 1734 in Bertie Co., NC, and died Aft. 04 May 1809 in Granville Co., NC. He married FATHY UNKNOWN.
Notes for JEREMIAH FRAZIER:
Jeremiah Frazier signed an Oath of Allegiance in Granville Co., NC
Children of JEREMIAH FRAZIER and FATHY UNKNOWN are:
3. i. HOWELL3 FRAZIER, d. Bet. 1860 - 1870.
4. ii. JEREMIAH FRAZIER, d. Bef. Feb 1818.
iii. JOHN FRAZIER.
iv. PHILLIP FRAZIER.
5. v. WILLIAM FRAZIER, d. 26 Jan 1827.
Generation No. 3
3. HOWELL3 FRAZIER (JEREMIAH2, DANIEL1) died Bet. 1860 - 1870. He married NANCY HESTER 13 Oct 1817 in Mecklenburg Co., VA, daughter of HENRY HESTER and MARY UNKNOWN. She died Bef. 1850.
More About HOWELL FRAZIER and NANCY HESTER:
Marriage: 13 Oct 1817, Mecklenburg Co., VA
Children of HOWELL FRAZIER and NANCY HESTER are:
6. i. MARY ANN4 FRAZIER, b. Abt. 1820; d. 1897.
7. ii. ROBERT FRAZIER, b. 22 Jan 1824.
8. iii. JAMES MADISON FRAZIER, b. Abt. 1825.
iv. PAMELA FRAZIER, b. Abt. 1830.
9. v. RHODES HERNDON FRAZIER, b. 27 May 1833.
4. JEREMIAH3 FRAZIER (JEREMIAH2, DANIEL1) died Bef. Feb 1818. He married BETSY MELTON 09 Oct 1789.
More About JEREMIAH FRAZIER and BETSY MELTON:
Marriage: 09 Oct 1789
Children of JEREMIAH FRAZIER and BETSY MELTON are:
i. NANCY4 FRAZIER.
ii. SUSANNAH FRAZIER.
5. WILLIAM3 FRAZIER (JEREMIAH2, DANIEL1) died 26 Jan 1827. He married ISABELLA UNKNOWN.
Children of WILLIAM FRAZIER and ISABELLA UNKNOWN are:
i. ELIZABETH4 FRAZIER.
ii. ISABELLA FRAZIER, m. STEPHEN BLACKWELL, 27 Jan 1827, Granville Co., NC.
More About STEPHEN BLACKWELL and ISABELLA FRAZIER:
Marriage: 27 Jan 1827, Granville Co., NC
iii. LAVENIA FRAZIER, m. JOHN BLACKWELL, 21 Dec 1819, Granville Co., NC.
More About JOHN BLACKWELL and LAVENIA FRAZIER:
Marriage: 21 Dec 1819, Granville Co., NC
iv. NANCY FRAZIER.
v. FAITHY FRAZIER, d. Jul 1819; m. THOMAS HESTER, 13 Oct 1818, Granville Co., NC.
More About THOMAS HESTER and FAITHY FRAZIER:
Marriage: 13 Oct 1818, Granville Co., NC
vi. EPHRIAM FRAZIER, m. ELIZABETH BLACKWELL, 12 Dec 1820, Granville Co., NC.
More About EPHRIAM FRAZIER and ELIZABETH BLACKWELL:
Marriage: 12 Dec 1820, Granville Co., NC
vii. WILLIAM FRAZIER, m. NANCY JONES, 19 Mar 1822, Granville Co., NC.
More About WILLIAM FRAZIER and NANCY JONES:
Marriage: 19 Mar 1822, Granville Co., NC
viii. RANSOM FRAZIER, m. MOLLIE O'BRIANT.
Generation No. 4
6. MARY ANN4 FRAZIER (HOWELL3, JEREMIAH2, DANIEL1) was born Abt. 1820, and died 1897. She married MITCHELL CURRIN.
Children of MARY FRAZIER and MITCHELL CURRIN are:
i. FRANCES5 CURRIN.
ii. DELIA CURRIN.
iii. FLEMING CURRIN.
iv. NANCY CURRIN.
v. RICHARD H. CURRIN.
vi. JOSIAH CRUDUP CURRIN.
7. ROBERT4 FRAZIER (HOWELL3, JEREMIAH2, DANIEL1) was born 22 Jan 1824. He married (1) ANN E. CHANDLER 30 Dec 1847 in Granville County, NC. He married (2) ALMIRRA F. CHANDLER 06 Jun 1850 in Granville County, NC, daughter of BILLY CHANDLER and UNKNOW UNKNOWN.
More About ROBERT FRAZIER and ANN CHANDLER:
Marriage: 30 Dec 1847, Granville County, NC
More About ROBERT FRAZIER and ALMIRRA CHANDLER:
Marriage: 06 Jun 1850, Granville County, NC
Children of ROBERT FRAZIER and ALMIRRA CHANDLER are:
i. JULIA ANN5 FRAZIER, b. 09 Aug 1851, Oxford, Granville Co., NC (Source: 1860 NC Census, Granville Co.); d. Abt. 1885, McCracken Co., KY (Source: Oral history.); m. LEANDER THOMAS ASA WILBURN WILKINS YANCY, 19 Jan 1871, Granville Co., NC (Source: Marriage License.); b. 24 Aug 1852, Halifax Co., VA (Source: Death Certificate.); d. 14 Nov 1925, Ballard Co., KY (Source: Death Certificate.).
Notes for LEANDER THOMAS ASA WILBURN WILKINS YANCY:
This is a letter Leander wrote to the editor of a Ballard Co. newspaper while visiting in VA:
Partlows, VA., October 26, 1914
I write to let you know where I am. We are now near Fredericksburg, Va. We are in a portion of country where some hard fighting was done during the civil war, not far from where two of my brothers were killed, and as I travel over the country and cross over the old battle grounds my mind runs back to the great struggle of the sixties, when both armies swayed back and forth over this section for four years.
My visit up in the South-western part of the State was sad. I found my brother in a bad fix from a stroke of paralysis. I remained with him until the end came. His name is C. F. Yancey; he died on October 21; his age was 68 years and six days. He professed faith in Christ in 1862, lived a consistent member of the Missionary Baptist church for 52 years.
I don't know just when I will be home. May come some time in November. Wishing you success, I remain
L. T. Yancey
Leander was a farmer. He grew tobacco and he formed a union for tobacco growers in the Purchase region.
More About LEANDER YANCY and JULIA FRAZIER:
Marriage: 19 Jan 1871, Granville Co., NC (Source: Marriage License.)
ii. ROSA BELLE FRAZIER, b. 28 Sep 1852, Oxford, Granville Co, NC; d. 14 Mar 1941, Oscar, Ballard Co., KY. Buried in Oscar Baptist Church Cemetery; m. ROBERT LEWIS S. CASS YANCEY, 27 Jan 1878, Granville Co., NC; b. 24 Jul 1849, Halifax Co., VA (Source: History Book, Ballard and Carlisle Counties, KY.); d. 02 Oct 1906, Ballard Co., KY. Buried in Oscar Baptist Church Cemetery (Source: History Book, Ballard and Carlisle Counties, KY.).
Notes for ROBERT LEWIS S. CASS YANCEY:
After Elizabeth Matilda Sizemore died her parents reared Amet.
Cass and Rosa Belle had three sets of twins. None of the twins survived. Leander and Julia also had at least one set of fraternal twins. The baby girl died at the age of 6 months. She choked on a chicken bone.
More About ROBERT YANCEY and ROSA FRAZIER:
Marriage: 27 Jan 1878, Granville Co., NC
iii. GEORGE L. FRAZIER, b. 16 Dec 1853.
iv. ROBERT I. FRAZIER, b. 30 Jan 1855.
v. HENRIETA H. FRAZIER, b. 03 Aug 1856; m. J. B. WATSON, 27 Sep 1896.
More About J. WATSON and HENRIETA FRAZIER:
Marriage: 27 Sep 1896
vi. DAVID C. FRAZIER, b. 26 Dec 1857.
vii. VIRGINIA F. FRAZIER, b. 27 Aug 1860.
viii. ALFORD H. FRAZIER, b. 07 Mar 1862.
ix. DR. LEWIS G. FRAZIER, b. 27 Mar 1864.
x. JAMES M. FRAZIER, b. 21 Mar 1866.
xi. FRANK H. FRAZIER, b. 08 Jun 1869.
8. JAMES MADISON4 FRAZIER (HOWELL3, JEREMIAH2, DANIEL1) was born Abt. 1825. He married ROWAN CHANDLER.
Children of JAMES FRAZIER and ROWAN CHANDLER are:
i. THEODORIC THOMAS5 FRAZIER.
ii. ROSA E. FRAZIER.
9. RHODES HERNDON4 FRAZIER (HOWELL3, JEREMIAH2, DANIEL1) was born 27 May 1833. He married CORNELIA EMILY CHANDLER, daughter of BILLY CHANDLER and UNKNOW UNKNOWN.
Children of RHODES FRAZIER and CORNELIA CHANDLER are:
i. DOLPHUS5 FRAZIER.
ii. ALBERNON BEARD FRAZIER.
iii. SALLIE F. FRAZIER.
iv. MAGGIE ANN FRAZIER.
v. EDWARD LEE FRAZIER.
vi. CHARLES SOLOMAN FRAZIER.
vii. SAMUEL HIRAM FRAZIER.
viii. MARY LEWIS FRAZIER.
ix. LILLY DALE FRAZIER.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|