Hello fellow Freemore/ Freeman descendents I have been searching for this family for years. I have posted on every family related thing I can find. And I decided to open this Freemore family forum on Genforum.
Let's work together to gather information on this family and try to figure out where they came from. And where they all went to.
I descend from Louis/Alexander Freeman he states he was born July 28, 1799 in Canada. I first find him in Vermont in Swanton, Franklin, VT 1820 census age 20-30 with a female age 20-30. Next in Swanton, VT 1830 age 20-30 with a female now age 15-20. There is a John Freeman in the census also born Canada he later appears to become John Freemore of Swanton/Highgate, VT born 1790 Canada.
I believe this to be brother's.
I have information that a Louis Freeman was married to a Marie Godin in Swanton, he was a laborer, with a son baptised in July 1830 named William. godparents Josephte Senay and Louis Freeman.
In 1840 Lewis/Louis Freeman is living in New Haven, VT, near who I believe to be another sibling Rhoda/Mary Freeman who was b. 1796 Canada and her husband Ambrose Tart(e). They later settled in Bristol, VT and Rhoda list her father as John Freeman. Ambrose and Rhoda married in Sheldon, VT.
In 1850 Lewis Freeman is living in Monkton, VT where he died in 1858. From Civil War pension papers . His wife states they were married in Swanton, VT March 1831 by Mr. Wanzer. This wife is Mary Frenyear/Frinney/Finney. She was born 1814 Canada her father is listed as Joseph Denar/Doner.
I have also found a Frank Frinney in Ferrisburg with a note that he is also found as Frank Fremore/Freeman. Not sure if he is related.
Between Louis and Mary they had 12 children, I have found 11.
1. Mary L. b. 1834
2. Ursula S. b 1835 Middlebury, VT d. 1930 New Haven,VT married Antoine Rivard/Rivers m2nd Byron Rounds
3. Betsey A. b. 1836 New Haven,VT d. 1865 Monkton,VT
married James A. Shepard
4. William b. 1839 New Haven,VT d. 1862 Monkton,VT
5. Alexander b. 1840 New Haven,VT d. 1911 Bennington,VT
married Amy Weller
6. Eliza Carolinda b. 1843 New Haven, VT d.1907 Monkton,VT
married George Weller, m2nd Oscar Nimblett, MD
7. Lorinda Carrie b. 1845 New Haven,VT d.1880 FerrisburghVT
married Armandus Davis
8. Henry James b. 1848 New Haven,VT d. 1919 Bennington,VT
married Marguerite Doner
9. Amelia C. b. 1850 Monkton,VT d. 1951 ?
married George Palmer
10. Harrison b. 1852 d. 1856 Monkton,VT
11. Emma A. b.1855 Monkton,VT d. 1876 Monkton,VT
married James Huntley
The Bessey family of Hinesburgh is listed as cousins.
This family is believed of Abenaki/ French Canadian Heritage
Hope to hear from others!!
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|