Hi, we are in the same line at least part of the way. I would highly suggest getting a copy of _The Ancestry of Alberta Frieze Hopkins_ by Mildred and Billy Flinchum. If you haven't seen this, it is *full* of source material and well worth it. Email me directly and I can give you the address of the Flinchums. Just fyi, the spelling is also Frieze and I have seen Fries listed in the records, in case you haven't tried those. My line comes from Peter and Elizabeth Bostian Frieze's son, Michael m. Katherine Correll, as does Ms. Flinchum's line.
Have you seen Beth Bostian's information on the Bostian/Bastien family? Penelope is also listed as Peana, daughter of Andreas/Andrew Bostian and his wife, Magdalena. Go to http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=eabosti&id=I0256 for her gedcom.
Anyway, here's what additional I have in terms of bare dates between the **:
1. Peter Freeze born about 1768 married Penelope Bostian (Bostain or Bastain)*(b. abt 1768, Pennsylvania, d. 1851-59, Rowan Co., NC)*, he died about 1848
2. Peter Freeze born 1790 m. Elizabeth Bostian *(b. abt 1793)* in 1812 in Rowan Co. N.C.
2. Catherine Freeze *(b. abt 1793)* m. Caleb Curfees *m. 1810 (at least 5 children)*.
2. Michael Freeze *(b. abt 1797, d. 1849)* m. Katherine Correll.* m. 1818, 9 children, 4 of those had issue*
2. Elizabeth Freeze *(b. abt 1798, d. abt 1852)* m. Jacob House.*aka Betsy, m. 1816, moved to Illinois, 12 children*
2. John Freeze *(b. abt 1799, d. abt 1876)* m. Susannah Sechler.* m. 1824, 7 children*
2. Andrew Freeze *(b. 1802, d. 1873)* m. Catherine Schulenberger.*m. 1826, 5 children*
2. Mary Freeze m. John Litaker III.
2. George Freeze *(b. abt 1808)* m. Sophia Bost (Bostain?).*m. 1827, 10 children, may have moved to Missouri*
2. Caleb Freeze *(b. abt 1810, d. abt 1888)* m. Polly Wilhelm.*m. 1828, 10 children*
2. Lydia Freeze *(b. abt 1814)* m. Daniel Siffert.* aka Seaford, m. 1830, 7 children*
2. Susanna Freeze m. Henry Mowery.
*(note that Peter's will only mentions 10 children, Susanna may have belonged to one of the other Frieze families in the area at the time--there was a Jacob and a Peter Freeze there early on who had children, and Ms. Flinchum says that our Peter is definitely not the son of Jacob and can't prove he is the son of Peter)*
2. Peter and Elizabeth Bostian Freeze issue:
3. Richard Rufus Freeze b. 1825 m. Sarah E. Houston in Cherokee County, GA. *Ms. Flinchum doesn't have a lot on this line from this point forward, including Sarah's surname*
3. William Freeze *(b. abt 1814) m. Hanna ? *about 1835, 11 children*
3. Peena Frances Freeze *(b. 4 Mar 1820, d. 25 Oct 1897, never married)*
3. Peter Freeze *(b. abt 1822, d. abt 1864) m. Eliza A. ? *8 children*
3. Hiram A. Freeze *(b. 19 Oct 1830, d. 28 jan 1909)* m. Sarah E. Bostian *(b. 26 Oct 1840, d. 5 Feb 1928)*
3. John T. Freeze *(b. abt 1833, d. 18 June 1864 near Petersburg, VA)*
3. John Lafayette Freeze m. Susan Swann.* have as Edward Lafayette, b. 8 Apr 1836, d. 22 May 1916)*
Hope this helps,
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|