I recently went through microfilm of the early Bibb Co. deeds. Here are some deeds I found involving Fryers, including your William.
• A:77-78 -- 4 Apr 1829 - A. B. FRYER to Rebecca FRYER - $350 - sec. 24, T. 24, R. 10. Dower statement by Christina, wife of A. B. FRYER. Wit: ______ Rec: 6 July 1829.
• B:150 – 1 June 1835 – William FRYER to Benjamin HARLESS – 80 acres – all of NW1/4 sec. 19 that is on south side of Cahaba River in T.24, R11E. Dower statement by Nancy FRYER, wife of William FRYER. (William Fryer bought this as a land grant in 1826)
• B:164 – 5 Aug. 1835 - William FRYER Jr. to Abraham FRYER - $300 – W1/2NE1/4 sec. 24, T24R10E (William Fryer bought this as a land grant in 1826)
• C:32 – 18 March 1837 – Abraham FRYER borrowed $221 from Lewis KENNEDY and put up W1/2NE1/4 sec. 24, T24R10E as security with promise to pay by Jan. 1838.
• C:134 – 27 Nov. 1837 - William FRYER and wife Nancy to Henry DAVIS - $3000 E1/2NW1/4 & W1/2NE1/4 & E1/2NE1/4 sec. 14, T24R11E except for a part described in deed. (Not sure how William Fryer obtained this land; George WINTIN bought it as a land grant in 1826.
• C:170 – 3 March 1838 – Henry HAGGARD to William FRYER – bought new land
• C:172 – 3 March 1838 – Alexander HILL to William FRYER – bought more land
• C:271 – 14 Aug. 1838 – George WINSTON (WINTIN?) to William FRYER – bought more land
• C:296 – 21 Sept. 1838 – Abraham FRYER to Lewis KENNEDY - $900 sold his plantation (land that was mortgaged, see C:32). No wife dower statement.
Also, Richard Fancher gave permission for Sarah Fryer to marry Thomas Carleton in Aug. 1816 in Bibb Co. since she was underage; he must have been her legal guardian. Abraham Fryer posted bond with Benjamin Fancher when Benjamin married Winnie Fancher in 1829. Abraham B. Fryer died in Bibb Co. in 1844.
I think John A., Rebecca, Abraham B., William, and Sarah Fryer were all siblings or at least cousins. There is also a Jeremiah Fryer that I have heard of on the internet that may be connected. Do you have any other documentation that connects these people? You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|