The 2nd Annual John Fulford Family Reunion will be held in Cortez, FL July 11-13, 2003. All family members, descendents and friends of the John Fulford family of Carteret County NC are invited.
CORTEZ is on Sarasota Bay in Manatee County on Florida's West Coast. This 116-year-old commercial fishing village was settled by four sons and two daughters of David W. Fulford (born 1832) and Mary C. Ellis of Carteret County, NC. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places with 97 contributing structures. Fifth generation descendants keep alive the fishing industry.
EVENTS? This second reunion, like the first in Charleston last summer, will be a fun event. We will meet in the air conditioned Community Center (old Fire House at 4517 123St.Ct.)
Special features are:
* Morning tour of the Waterfront including Taylor Boatworks and the Fish Docks.
* Late evening narrated tour of homes of pioneers, 1895 School and 1912 School.
* A Cinerama showing of three movies on Cortez Heritage.
* Sharing of our genealogy at CCC with Coffee and Iced Tea available all day.
* Report on proposed Fulford Family trip to England
* Lunch at Dockside Restaurants on Cortez waterfront
* Trips to Bradenton Beach
* Saturday Night Seafood Buffet catered by the Cortez Cousins
* Sharing of Photos. Please bring copies for the Cortez Family Museum
TRAVEL: The nearest airports are Tampa International and Sarasota-Bradenton. There is a shuttle from Tampa to Bradenton. (Cost is $24 per so car is cheaper We will pick up from Sarasota.
If driving it is suggested that you exit Highway 75 on to State Road 64.This is second exit to Bradenton. This takes you to downtown Bradenton. Go West to 75 Street, Turn Left. Go South to Cortez Road. Turn right and travel west.
Cortez is between 119th and 125 streets. Turn Left. For Bradenton Beach go west across the Bridge to the Island Cities.
COMFORT INN AT 47th STREET OFF OF CORTEZ ROAD. www.parkinnsuites.com If scheduled two weeks before the special rate is $59 ( K or 2D) with Breakfast 1-800- 344-1720 ( Turn off Manatee Ave at 43 Turn Right then Left on 47th Street.)
PELICAN POST on beach has 11 rooms at $59 1-800-315-0212.
ECONO LODGE On Beach $178, Across Street the rate is $118
SUNSET BEACH MOTEL on Beach $95 per with additional room for $85 www.sunsetbeachmotel.com See web for E- mail for reservations.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|