My wife's family comes from John T. Jackson (below), through his son Joseph Abner. I have just started researching her family but do have most, if not all Joseph's children and their spouses. Joseph died 20 Sept. 1921 near Bowie, Montague County, Texas & Josephine Garrard Jackson died there 8 August 1929. They are buried in Bushy Creek Cemetery 3 miles southeast of Bowie. I am planning a trip there to see if headstones exist and will advise.
Please advise if you wish to have their children's data.
Following is data I have found:
Descendants of JOHN THOMAS JACKSON who was born 19 March 1808 in Georgia. He married NANCY JANE WOOD in Crawford Co. Ga. in 1832. John T. Jackson settled in CHINA GROVE, Pike Co. Al. around 1838-1840.
These are his children: first two born in Ga. and the rest in Alabama:
11 children by Nancy Jane Wood
1. Sarah Ann - b. 1833 m. J.W.MEREDITH
2. Joseph Abner-b.1835 m. JOSEPHINE GARRARD
3. Mary Ann Elizabeth-b.1837 m. ROBERT HINES
4. Nancy Jane - b. 1839
5. Joseph Thomas - b. 1841
6. John Henry - b. 1843 m. MARGARET WOOD
7. Rachel - b. 1845 m. JOSEPH GARRARD
8. Eliza - b. 1847 m. JOSEPH COLEMAN
9. William Frank - b.1850 m. NAOMI LANDRUM
10. Pennia Jane - b. 1852 m. GEORGE ALLEN
11. Robert Indson - b. 1855
Children by 2nd wife, Mrs. Sarah Matthews Grant:
1. Andrew Lee - b. 1865
2. Francis Marion-b.1867 m. MARY McBRYDE
3. Norman Eugene-b.1869 m. SARAH FAULK
Some of the children went to Texas. Would like to exchange information with any descendants. Seeking parents of John Thomas Jackson.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|