I can give you some more specific information. I am descended from Matthew Gleaves, Sr., (d. 1760 in Augusta Co., VA) by his son William Gleaves who married Elizabeth Turk. They had a daughter Sarah Gleaves who married my 3rd Great Grandfather, Nathan Allen. William Gleaves' sister, Mary Gleaves, was the second wife of my ancestor, Thomas Turk (I descend from Thomas Turk through his first wife).
Mathew Gleaves, Sr., immigrated from England and married in PA in 1745. I estimate his birth to have been in 1725. His oldest child was Mary Gleaves and the rest of his known children were as follows:
1. Mary Gleaves, born June 12, 1746, married Thomas Turk, Sr., in Augusta Co., VA, on April 1, 1766, died February 23, 1835.
2. William Gleaves, Sr., born circa 1750, married Elizabeth Turk (1753-1840) on 3 May 1770 in Augusta Co., VA, died 1820 Wythe Co., VA.
3. Elizabeth Gleaves, born circa 1753. No other information known.
4. Michael Gleaves, Sr., born circa 1754., married Rachel __?__, died in 1811 in Davidson Co., TN.
5. Esther Gleaves, born circa 1756. No other information known.
6. Matthew Gleaves, Jr., born circa 1757, married Elizabeth Bell circa 1783, died circa 1800 in Pendleton Co., KY.
Isabella Gleaves who married Nathaniel Cartmell was the daughter of Michael Gleaves, Sr., and Rachel __?__. Other children of Michael Gleaves, Sr., were:
1. Thomas Gleaves who married Mary Dean on 9 October 1816 and who died in Davidson Co., TN on 16 Feb. 1817.
2. Matthew Gleaves who married Elizabeth (Betsy) Smith on 19 August 1809 in Davidson Co., TN.
3. Michael Gleaves, Jr., who married Sarah (Sally) Dean in Nov. 1812 in Davidson Co., TN, and died before 1834.
4. Isabella Gleaves who married Nathaniel Cartmell on 18 Sept. 1817 in Davidison Co., TN. She died 24 June 1857 in Wilson Co., TN.
5. Elizabeth Gleaves who married Arthur Turner and died before Feb. 1811.
6. William D. Gleaves who married Ann Nelson on 18 Sept. 1808 and died 13 April 1840 in Robertson Co., TX.
7. John Gleaves who married Polly Robinson and died in Wilson Co., TN circa 1823.
8. Mary D. Gleaves married John Davis circa 1798.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|