It has been a while since i posted the above message but proof positive now that we received the scottish sasines. The parents of William Smellie Frame b. approx 1805 known as Smellie were John Frame (weaver) and Janet Smellie who married in Hamilton in Dec. 1797. He had other siblings also. This is the order from the sasine record. 1. Elizabeth Frame c.1798 m. John Neilson 14 Jan 1821 in Hamilton (8 known children)
2. Jean Frame c.1800 m. Alexander Neilson. Jean died 16 Apr 1872 at Kirkhill Orchard, Cambusnethan. Her death registration (Death Ref: 628/00 0162) names her parents as John Frame and Janet Smellie.
3. Thomas Frame c.1802 (as above, of Low Waters, Hamilton) m. Mary/Marion Nichol 23 Nov 1828 in Hamilton. (8 known children). Thomas died at 44 Quarry St Hamilton 29 Oct 1867. Descendant in the Frame DNA Project (Frame A, Sub Group 5, F21).
4. William Smellie Frame c.1805 m. (2) Janet King. (? 3 known children of this marriage). ‘Smellie’ Frame died at 5 Union St Hamilton 17 Mar 1860. Descendant in the Frame DNA Project (Frame A, Sub Group 5, F19).
5. George Frame c.1808. Was living at Craigneuk, a small suburb of Wishaw (not to be confused with Craigneuk, Airdrie) at the date of this Sasine – perhaps with sister Jean.
6. Alexander Frame c.1811. Had been at Crossbasket Mill at time of Sasine. Found in 1841 census at Lochlee Rd. Hamilton with wife named as ‘Mrs Frame’ and sons John (c1836) and Archibald (c1837).
There had definitely been an error in the recording the name of the father of William Smellie Frame on his 1860 certificate of death as being William smellie Frame. This has been our brick wall for almost 30 years of searching. Thanks to Julie Falk Frame, we have broken through it.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|