Rebecca and George Carman had at least three children:
Zelma Otta Carman, female; born Apr 15, 1886, died Dec 31, 1886.
Altha Odesse Carman, female; born Dec 27, 1889, died Apr 23, 1891 in Allen Co., Ohio. She is buried in the Salem Church cemetery.
Olando Edwin Carman, male; born Jul 13, 1888, died May 23, 1892, Allen Co., Ohio.
I don't have the parents for George.
Rebecca's parents were Samuel S. Good, born May 27, 1824 in Hocking Co., Ohio. He died Jan 20, 1907 in Rittman, Ohio. He is buried in the Salem Mennonite Church Cemetery, near Elida, Ohio.
He married on Nov 4, 1847 Elizabeth Miller. She was born about 1824 in Ohio, and died about 1904.
Besides Rebecca they had 12 other children: Louvina (*1848), William (*1850), Lydia (*1852), Rebecca (*1854), Catherine (*1855), Sarah (*1856), Jacob (*1857), Abraham (*Mar 28, 1858), Isaac (*Mar 28, 1858), Eliza (*aft 1860), and Henson (*aft 1861).
1. Phyllis Fulk and Lois Brown Miller, The Beery Family of Page County, Iowa, (Evans Press, Newport, Arkansas, 1976), Page 339, 340, 11th child of Joseph C. Good and Magdalena Gamel. Husband of Elizabeth Miller.
2. Gospel Witness, Volume 2, Number 45 - February 6, 1907.
3. Herald of Truth, Volume XLIV, Number 5, January 31, 1907. [same website as Gospil Witness]
4. Guth Gutt Good Newsletter, Issue Number 019, July/August 1999; I. Ancestral Sketches,
5. Issue Number 022, Jan/Feb 2000; I. Ancestral Sketches,
Samuel Good's parents were:
Joseph C. Good, born Dec 12, 1783 in Rockingham Co., VA, he died Aug 25, 1849 in Fairfield Co., OH. He is buried there in the Sugar Hill Cemetery. He married Magdalena Gamel around 1807. She was born Mar 11, 1785 in VA, and died Nov 19, 1862 in Allen Co., Ohio. She is buried in the Salem Mennonite Church Cemetary, Elida, Allen, Ohio.
Samuel's ancestry: 14. JOSEPH C.Good; 13. JACOB Good; 12. JACOB GUTH/GOOD; 11. PETER Guth/Good; 10. JACOB GUT; 9. PETER Gut; 8. ANTHONI "TONI" Gut; 7. WELTHI "VALENTINE" GUTT; 6. ANDREAS Gutt; 5. Judge HANS GUT; 4. HANS GUTTAN; 3. KLAUS Guttan; 2. WELTI Guttan, son or grandson of: 1. RUDI Guttan born about 1370. There are twist and turns along the way with suppositions, but in general this is an acceptable family tree.
1. Andre Gut, Notes from Andre Gut, "CD-ROM," Sosa: 262,144, A.- individual: Ernst Gut: Chronik der Familie Gut aus dem Amt im Zürichbiet.
B.- Andre list birth as about 1370. Other sources do not show a birth period.
C. - Andre provides a modern name for Rudi, Rudolf.
2. Jane Evans Best, "Guth Families of Ottenbach, Switzerland, Part 1," Mennonite Family History, Volume VIII, Number 4, October 1989: Page 138, ID No. B, Best uses as a source: Herman Guth, "Die Schweizer Ahnen Der Sudwestdeutschen Guth- (Gut- Gutt) Familien," Pfalzilch-Rheinische Familienkinde, (Ludwig-shafen/Rhein, 1976) pp. 350-351.
3.Dale K. and Verlene Vaughnn Weber, The Peter Good Family Book, 1530-1995, ((March 1995) Bath, Michigan), Page 1, In addition to the children listed by Douglas Beahm, in his article GUT Families of Ottenbach, Kt. Zürich, Switzerland, the Webers also include Hans Gutt, baptized 19 June 1558, Ottenbach, married Barbara Bushman.
4. Jane Evans Best, Guth Families of Ottenbach, Switzerland, Part 2, (Mennonite Family History, Volume IX, Number 1, January 1990), ID No. GG, page 27.
5. Jane Evans Best and Howard C. Francis, "Six Good Families of Early Lancaster County, Pennsylvania," Pennsylvania Mennonite Heritage, Volume XII, Number 3, July 1989: Page 12, GA, At the time of publication, the author's best guess was that Jacob Gut/Good was the father of Jacob Good GA1, Hans Good GA2 and Barbara Good GA3. The information provided is correct, however the placement may be in error.
Inventory 04/22/1730, Conestoga, Lancaster Co., PA.
6. Dorotha Good Russell, The Good-Butlers, 1735-1973; The Family History Record, Dallas Texas, Dorotha Good Russell; 1973, Date of Import: Mar 22, 2006.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|