Am trying to proove the marriage of JOHN HAFT to ELIZABETH THOMSON b. 1755, Machern County, Londnderry, Ireland as d/o William Thomson and Jane Hanna. His second marriage was to Elizabeth LEGGETT.
John Haft was born 1757 in Saxony, Germany and died in Pennsylvania. He served as a Private in Captain William Swansey's Company during the Revolutionary War - 2nd Battalion from Cumberland County. Ref: DAR application Miriam Reyburn-Steele #724752.
Children by 1) marriage:
1) MARY HAFT b. 23 Dec 1774 m. WILLIAM GLENN;
2) WILLIAM HAFT b. 1780 PA;
3) ELIZABETH HAFT b. 1783 PA, d. 1868 Washington County, PA, m. WILLIAM CHAPMAN PA;
A. WILLIAM CHAPMAN b. 1811;
B. SARAH CHAPMAN b. 19 Jul 1816, d. 18 Sep 1889 PA, m. JOHN CREIGHTON (b, 20 Apr 1814 Ireland);
C. JOHN CHAPMAN;
D. JANE CHAPMAN b. 27 Jul 1817, d. 02 Sep 1891, Beaver County, PA, m. JOSEPH MEHAFFEY, JR. (b. 06 Sep 1815, PA s/o JOSEPH MEHAFFEY and JANE ANN PATTERSON);
E. LEWIS CHAPMAN b. 1824 PA;
F. SAMUEL CHAPMAN b. 15 Mar 1827 PA, d. 07 Aug 1865, m. 16 Nov 1854 HANNAH HENRY (b, 28 Mar 1833).
Children by 2) marriage:
1) JOHN HAFT b. 1789 m NANCY McGILL;
2) SAMUEL HAFT b. 1790;
3) JACOB HAFT b. 1792, m. DORCAS STANSBURY;
4) SARAH "SALLY" HAFT b. 1795, twin, m. WILLIAM TRIPP;
5) MARGARET "PEGGY" HAFT b. 1795, twin, m. JONAS SMITH;
6) LOUISE HAFT m. Mr. HAYMAKER;
7) JAMES HAFT;
8) ISABELLA HAFT;
9) STEPHEN L. HAFT, minister.
Does anyone have information on these families?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|