Yes, we are interested in learning more about your Harley line. First of all please refer to Genforum message # 503 posted by me in July of 2005. In it I gave Sandy a list of how my husband Phillip is descended from Lord Robert Harley. Below I will briefly list the generations of my husband's Harley family for clarity:
On a lineage chart done in 1925 it notes that "The Harleys are descendants of Lord Robert Harley, Earl of Oxford and Chancellor of the Exchequer during reign of Queen Ann. See encyclopedia and English Histories. Family settled in MD then moved to VA."
The first Harley on the chart is:
1. John Harley b. ??, died 1/11/1828, Married Mary Cleland or Cleveland Christmas 1774. He was Private Co. 2 11th VA Regt, 1777-78 Listed as Catp. in 1778 under the leadership of Daniel Morgan, Col. and Chas. Gallahue sp? Capt. This comes from Saffell's lists of Rev. Soldiers, VA State.
2. James born 1782 d. 1831 married Pegg Roberts 8/24/1808, later married Eunice Holmes 3/28/1823.
3. William Roberts Harley b. 6/4/1809 d. 4/24/1891 married Louisa Jane Thompson b.11/15/1818
4. James Reece Harley b. 2/14/1856 Ark. married Lucy Evelyn Thrower b. 1866.
5. Ernest Gerald Harley, b. 1897 married Katherine Overman b. 1888, Married 1/7/1917.
Thank you for any info that you may add to our knowledge. Sincerely, Trudi
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|