Information on the James Harrod Family can be found in the book "A Family History of John and Rachel Bird" by Lenoard Bird. There is a copy in the Beatrice, Nebraska Libary. His book covers the Bird, Bentleys, Pritchards, Harrods,and Crank families.
Descendants of James Harrod
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES1 HARROD was born 1668 in Bedfordshire, England, and died in Piscataway, New Jersey. He married MARIA KENT 1690 in Luton, England. She was born 1670 in Oxford, England, and died in Piscataway, New Jersey.
Children of JAMES HARROD and MARIA KENT are:
i. AMBROSE2 HARROD, b. 1694.
ii. THOMAS HARROD, b. 1696.
iii. SAMUEL HARROD, b. 1698.
2. iv. JOHN HARROD, SR., b. 1700, Bedfordshire, England; d. 1758, Big Cove, Pennsylvania.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 HARROD, SR. (JAMES1) was born 1700 in Bedfordshire, England, and died 1758 in Big Cove, Pennsylvania. He married SARAH MOORE 1734 in Baltimore, Maryland, daughter of JAMES MOORE and FRANCES GAY. She was born 1712 in Baltimore, Maryland, and died 1775 in Ten Mile, Pennsylvania.
Children of JOHN HARROD and SARAH MOORE are:
i. ELIZABETH3 HARROD, b. WFT Est. 1725-1752.
ii. JEMIMA HARROD, b. WFT Est. 1725-1752.
iii. MARY HARROD, b. WFT Est. 1725-1752.
iv. SALLY HARROD, b. WFT Est. 1725-1752.
v. WILLIAM HARROD, b. December 09, 1737.
vi. ELEANOR HARROD, b. 1739.
vii. SAMUEL HARROD, b. 1739.
viii. RACHEL HARROD, b. 1741.
ix. JAMES HARROD, b. 1743.
3. x. LEVI HARROD, b. January 22, 1749/50, Ayr Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania; d. October 02, 1825, Plesent Township, Knox County, Ohio.
Generation No. 3
3. LEVI3 HARROD (JOHN2, JAMES1) was born January 22, 1749/50 in Ayr Township, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, and died October 02, 1825 in Plesent Township, Knox County, Ohio. He married RACHEL MILLS Bet. 1769 - 1770. She was born October 22, 1752 in Fredrick County, Maryland, and died September 28, 1834 in Plesent Township, Knox County, Ohio.
More About LEVI HARROD and RACHEL MILLS:
Burial: Union Grove Cemetery, Plesent Township, Knox County, Ohio
Child of LEVI HARROD and RACHEL MILLS is:
4. i. LEVI HARROD4 JR, b. January 30, 1777, Pennsylvania; d. December 14, 1862.
ii. John b. 1770/1 m. Mary Stockton
iii. Michael b.1781 m. Agnes Ullery
iv. Elizabeth b. 1785
v. Samuel b. 1788
vi. James m. Rhonda Mills
vii. Mary m. D. Johnson
viii. William m. Rhoda Pipes
ix. Sarah m. Benjamin Biggs
x. Rachel m. William Biggs
xi Jemima m. Jeremiah Biggs
Generation No. 4
4. LEVI HARROD4 JR (LEVI3 HARROD, JOHN2, JAMES1) was born January 30, 1777 in Pennsylvania, and died December 14, 1862. He married REBECCA BURGHES February 14, 1800. She was born April 12, 1780 in Pennsylvania, and died July 07, 1866.
More About LEVI HARROD JR:
Census: 1850, Clay, Knok, Ohio
More About REBECCA BURGHES:
Census: 1850, Clay, Knok, Ohio
Child of LEVI JR and REBECCA BURGHES is:
i. JEMIMA5 HARROD, b. October 1810, Ohio; d. June 12, 1882, Hill City, Kansas; m. JOHN PRITCHARD,JR, October 14, 1830, Knox County, Ohio; b. July 27, 1804, West Virginia; d. January 29, 1844, Ohio.
More About JEMIMA HARROD:
Census 1: 1850, New Castle, Coshocton, Ohio
Census 2: 1860, Polk TWP, Dekalb, Missouri
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|