Descendants of Charles Henry Hartzog
Generation No. 1
1. CHARLES HENRY7 HARTZOG (ELIAS6, TOBIAS5, GEORGE4, BERNARD3, HANS HENRICH2 HERTZOG, HENRICH1)1 was born 14 Oct 1841, and died 21 Jul 1925. He married ANNE DELK 1865 in Barnwell Co., SC, daughter of JACOB DELK and ELIZABETH CHITTY. She was born 26 Oct 1845, and died 15 Jan 1876.
Notes for CHARLES HENRY HARTZOG:
1880 Blackville, Barnwell Co., SC census:
Charles HARTZOG Self M Male W 39 SC Farmer SC SC
Mary Jane HARTZOG Wife M Female W 30 SC Farm Hand SC SC
William HARTZOG Son Male W 14 SC Farm Hand SC SC
Lizzie HARTZOG Dau S Female W 12 SC Farm Hand SC SC
Jacob HARTZOG Son S Male W 10 SC SC SC
Elias HARTZOG Son S Male W 9 SC SC SC
James HARTZOG Son S Male W 7 SC SC SC
Charles HARTZOG Son S Male W 4 SC SC SC
Carrie HARTZOG Dau S Female W 2 SC SC SC
Notes for ANNE DELK:
Anne's full name is Virginia Anne Delk Hartzog.
Children of CHARLES HARTZOG and ANNE DELK are:
i. WILLIAM HENRY8 HARTZOG, b. 31 Dec 1866; d. 24 Dec 1939; m. ELLA ELIZABETH HAIR, 1883; b. 11 Sep 1870; d. 06 Oct 1935.
ii. ANNIE ELIZABETH HARTZOG, b. 23 Nov 1868; d. 07 Apr 1950; m. JOHN I. HUTTO; b. 30 Jan 1867; d. 28 Nov 1935.
iii. JACOB ANDREW HARTZOG, b. 18 Nov 1870; d. 01 Sep 1935; m. ALMA STANLEY ABSTANCE, 24 Nov 1899, Barwell Co., SC; b. 23 Jun 1882; d. 26 Apr 1911.
iv. ELIAS H. HARTZOG, b. 12 Mar 1872; d. 26 Feb 1954; m. MARY IDA CHITTY, 10 Jan 1902, Barnwell Co., SC; b. 22 Oct 1882; d. 28 May 1964.
2. v. JAMES HARVEY HARTZOG, b. 27 Jan 1874; d. 13 Apr 1959.
[Is this the Harvey Hartzog you looking for?]
Generation No. 2
2. JAMES HARVEY8 HARTZOG (CHARLES HENRY7, ELIAS6, TOBIAS5, GEORGE4, BERNARD3, HANS HENRICH2 HERTZOG, HENRICH1)2 was born 27 Jan 1874, and died 13 Apr 1959. He married LULA MAE ABSTANCE 15 Dec 1895 in Barnwell Co., SC. She was born 28 Apr 1880, and died 24 Jun 1946.
Children of JAMES HARTZOG and LULA ABSTANCE are:
i. FRANK JAMES9 HARTZOG, b. 12 Apr 1904, Hilda, SC; d. 24 Jul 1988; m. LUCY MAE COOK; b. 31 Oct 1901; d. 21 Oct 1985.
Notes for FRANK JAMES HARTZOG:
Frank Hartzog's will made bequests to a number of individuals and organizations, but the bulk of his estate was left for charitable purposed, to be determined by the executors. The two founding directors are, William "Billy" Delk and Don B. Still. They established The Frank J. and Lucy C. Hartzog Memorial Foundation, Inc. The trustees are members of The Association of Small Foundations.
3. ii. LEILA LEONA HARTZOG, b. 30 Apr 1906; d. 07 Jun 1990.
iii. JAMES BYRNES HARTZOG, b. 07 Oct 1911; m. ELSIE BOYNTON.
iv. CHARLES MARION HARTZOG, b. 29 Jun 1913; d. 04 Oct 1970; m. MARY OLIVIA BLACK; b. 25 Feb 1917.
4. v. ANNIE BERTIE LEE HARTZOG, b. 03 Oct 1914.
Generation No. 3
3. LEILA LEONA9 HARTZOG (JAMES HARVEY8, CHARLES HENRY7, ELIAS6, TOBIAS5, GEORGE4, BERNARD3, HANS HENRICH2 HERTZOG, HENRICH1) was born 30 Apr 1906, and died 07 Jun 1990. She married CLAUCE DEWEY STILL 27 Dec 1925, son of WILLIAM STILL and CAROLINE NIX. He was born 04 May 1899, and died 01 Feb 1973.
Notes for LEILA LEONA HARTZOG:
Leona, as she was called, wrote in 1966 the book THE HARTZOG LINE which was published in 1967.
4. ANNIE BERTIE LEE9 HARTZOG (JAMES HARVEY8, CHARLES HENRY7, ELIAS6, TOBIAS5, GEORGE4, BERNARD3, HANS HENRICH2 HERTZOG, HENRICH1) was born 03 Oct 1914. She married WILBUR RANDOLPH DELK 24 Dec 1934. He was born 26 Mar 1913, and died 17 Mar 1960.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|