I am a descendant of George Harvell and Sarah Alice Allman, his first wife. My great grandmother, Pauline Sevella Harvell Smith, was their daughter. My grandfather was George Thomas Smith, son of Pauline Sevella Harvell and Horace R Smith.
This is what I have for George H Harvell. He was born in 1872 in Jefferson County, Alabama. He died on 19 September 1928? in Jefferson County, AL. His burial is listed for September 1928 in Vance, Jefferson County, AL. His mother is listed as Martha Crowder. His father is listed as Isom/Isham Harvell.
Isom/Isham is listed as Joham Harvell as head of household in the 1880 Tuscaloosa County, AL Census, with George Harvell, listed as being his son.
I have Isom as being born in 1844 in NC, with both parents being born in NC.
I know that George was married twice, first to Sarah Alice Allman, and had four children, second to Mary Kathryn Dailey, and had four children. He had eight children between the two wives. Sarah Allman is said to have died from complications of a miscarriage.
George had brother, Soloman, and sister, Mary Alice.
1. Where is George Harvell buried?
2. Who were the parents of Martha Crowder?
3. Who were the parents of Isom Harvell?
4. Why name listed as Joham on 1880 Census?
5. Where in NC was Isom born? Was he born in 1844?
6. What happened to Soloman Harvell?
7. Does anyone have pictures of this Harvell line?
8. Where are Isom and Martha buried?
9. Where were Isom and Martha in earlier years?
10. Does anyone have any earlier census records than 1880 for the Harvell line?
11. When did the Harvell line come to AL from NC?
12. Where did this Harvell line originate?
I have always heard that the Harvells were Irish.
13. Who/how first Harvell come to America?
14. Before changing name to Harvell, was the name Harwell?
15. What does the H in George H Harvell stand for? Have always heard Hampton, but not sure of that.
16. Can anything be found of the North Carolina Harvells before coming to Alabama.
Please help me... I have hit a major "Brick Wall"...
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|