Here's my Heidelberg lineage, Christian to Mom. I don't doubt that Christian married a Sabra Middleton. Which Sabra is what I'm questioning. See some of my previous messages for explaination.
1. CHRISTIAN1 HEIDELBERG was born c1690, and died Bef. July 1741 in Onslow Co., NC. He married SABRA MIDDLETON c1724.
Notes for CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG:
On May 4, 1721 Christian bought two lots in Edenton, Chowan Co., North Carolina.
On Nov 22, 1724 Christian was Deputy Marshal for Chowan County.
About 1730 Christian's wife died and he moved the family south to Onslow County, NC. Christian's wife has not been identified. It is believed she was a Middleton since son John names James Middleton as cousin in his will.
Christian's land was located on the west side of Stone Creek Bay portion of the New River between Stone Creek and Muddy Creeks.
On March 23 1734 Christian was appointed Justice of the Peace for Onslow County. Christian was also Commissioner of Roads. He also operated a ferry across the New River. Heidelberg's Ferry was located at the narrows where NC 127 crosses the river. The location is currently known as Sneads Ferry. For a time Christian operated a mill located on Stone Creek.
On January 13, 1739 Christian's will was written. Christian died in spring of 1741 as his will was probated in the July 1741 court session.
Children of CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG and SABRA MIDDLETON are:
2. i. JOHN CHRISTIAN2 HEIDELBERG, b. c. 1727, Chowan Co., NC; d. June 1789, Onslow Co., NC.
ii. SAMUEL HEIDELBERG, b. c. 1729, Chowan Co., NC.
Notes for SAMUEL HEIDELBERG:
We know from Onslow Co., NC court records that in July of 1745 Samuel, age 16, was apprenticed to Richard Wood Taylor "to learn his trade and also to learn to read and write". Samuel vanishes around 1750. We don't know what happened to him. There is some evidence he may have moved to New York area.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN CHRISTIAN2 HEIDELBERG (CHRISTIAN1) was born c. 1727 in Chowan Co., NC, and died June 1789 in Onslow Co., NC. He married CATHERINE MCCLAMMY c. 1750, daughter of THOMAS MCCLAMMY.
Notes for JOHN CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG:
In July of 1745 John was apprenticed to Zachariah Field to learn the gunsmith trade. On October 25, 1754 John was mustered into Capt. John Hicks company in Col. John Starkey's Regt. of Foot for service in the French and Indian War.
Children of JOHN HEIDELBERG and CATHERINE MCCLAMMY are:
i. ______3 HEIDELBERG.
ii. BARSHEBA HEIDELBERG.
iii. CATHERINE HEIDELBERG.
iv. MIRIAM HEIDELBERG.
v. SAMUEL CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG.
3. vi. JOHN CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG, b. c. 1750.
4. vii. SABRA HEIDELBERG, b. December 04, 1760.
5. viii. THOMAS CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG, b. Bef. 1768, North Carolina; d. June 01, 1848, Jasper Co., Mississippi.
Generation No. 3
3. JOHN CHRISTIAN3 HEIDELBERG (JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born c. 1750.
Child of JOHN CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG is:
i. MCCLAMMY4 HEIDELBERG, b. c. 1787.
4. SABRA3 HEIDELBERG (JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born December 04, 1760. She married MATTHEW BRINSON c. 1784.
Children of SABRA HEIDELBERG and MATTHEW BRINSON are:
i. GATHARA4 BRINSON, b. September 03, 1785.
ii. CATHARINE BRINSON, b. February 12, 1787.
iii. ADAM BRINSONII, b. August 06, 1789.
iv. THOMAS HEIDELBERG BRINSON, b. January 09, 1792; m. WINEA _______, December 14, 1820.
v. REBECCA BRINSON, b. January 31, 1794.
vi. SABRA BRINSON, b. January 30, 1796; d. April 29, 1864; m. SAMUEL BRASWELL.
vii. SARAH BRINSON, b. September 16, 1800.
viii. MATTHEW BRINSON JR., b. March 27, 1798.
ix. NANCY BRINSON, b. August 1803.
5. THOMAS CHRISTIAN3 HEIDELBERG (JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born Bef. 1768 in North Carolina, and died June 01, 1848 in Jasper Co., Mississippi. He married NANCY HARRIET MOFFETT c. 1800 in Hancock Co., Georgia.
Children of THOMAS HEIDELBERG and NANCY MOFFETT are:
i. CATHERINE4 HEIDELBERG, b. July 18, 1804; d. March 03, 1858, Union Parrish, LA; m. FRANCIS MCCORMICK, December 02, 1824, Jones Co., MS.
6. ii. THOMAS CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG, b. November 20, 1806, Hancock or Twiggs Co., Georgia; d. 1877, Jasper Co., Mississippi.
iii. HARRIET HEIDELBERG, b. c. 1808.
iv. SAMUEL CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG, b. May 30, 1810.
v. ALLETHA HEIDELBERG, b. April 17, 1812; d. August 21, 1885; m. JAMES STEVENS TERRAL, June 01, 1831.
7. vi. JOHN CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG, b. June 19, 1814, Twiggs Co., GA; d. April 24, 1885, Scranton, MS.
Generation No. 4
6. THOMAS CHRISTIAN4 HEIDELBERG (THOMAS CHRISTIAN3, JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born November 20, 1806 in Hancock or Twiggs Co., Georgia, and died 1877 in Jasper Co., Mississippi. He married (1) SARA JANE RISHER c. 1830 in Jasper Co., Mississippi, daughter of JOHN RISHER and _____ GAVIN. He married (2) MARY ELIZABETH HUDSON November 17, 1851 in Jasper Co., Mississippi.
Children of THOMAS HEIDELBERG and SARA RISHER are:
i. JOHN CHRISTIAN5 HEIDELBERG, b. 1831.
ii. HARRIET ANN HEIDELBERG, b. April 07, 1833.
iii. THOMAS CHRISTIAN HEIDELBERG, b. 1836.
iv. SARAH JANE HEIDELBERG, b. June 27, 1841.
v. ALETHA ALICE HEIDELBERG, b. June 05, 1843.
8. vi. WILLIAM WADDELL HEIDELBERG, SR., b. June 13, 1847, Jasper Co., Mississippi; d. February 17, 1912, Heidelberg, Mississippi.
Children of THOMAS HEIDELBERG and MARY HUDSON are:
vii. LAWRENCE5 HEIDELBERG.
viii. MARY HEIDELBERG.
7. JOHN CHRISTIAN4 HEIDELBERG (THOMAS CHRISTIAN3, JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born June 19, 1814 in Twiggs Co., GA, and died April 24, 1885 in Scranton, MS. He married NANCY REEVES October 13, 1836 in Athens, OH.
Child of JOHN HEIDELBERG and NANCY REEVES is:
9. i. JULIUS CAESAR5 HEIDELBERG, b. September 10, 1837, Beaver Creek, Jasper Co., MS; d. November 28, 1914, Jasper Co., Mississippi.
Generation No. 5
8. WILLIAM WADDELL5 HEIDELBERG, SR. (THOMAS CHRISTIAN4, THOMAS CHRISTIAN3, JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born June 13, 1847 in Jasper Co., Mississippi, and died February 17, 1912 in Heidelberg, Mississippi. He married MARY ELIZABETH THORNTON December 17, 1868 in Jasper Co., Mississippi, daughter of JOHN THORNTON and SOPHRONIA COOK.
Notes for WILLIAM WADDELL HEIDELBERG, SR.:
On July 15, 1864 William enlisted in Company F of the 10th Regiment of Mississippi Cavalry at Calhoun, Mississippi. On May 10, 1865 he surrendered at Citronelle, Alabama. On June 1, 1865 he was paroled at Mobile, Alabama. William was a Planter (Farmer) and served several terms as state Senator and Congressman. William died Saturday afternoon, February 17, 1912 after returning from a horse ride around his farm.
Children of WILLIAM HEIDELBERG and MARY THORNTON are:
i. ADRA ALETHA6 HEIDELBERG, b. September 30, 1869.
ii. THOMAS WALTER HEIDELBERG, b. March 17, 1871.
iii. JOHN OSCAR HEIDELBERG, b. March 07, 1873.
10. iv. SARAH JANE HEIDELBERG, b. February 15, 1875, Heidelberg, Mississippi; d. January 01, 1946, Gary, Lake Co., Indiana.
v. EMMA ALICE HEIDELBERG, b. May 12, 1877.
vi. WILLIAM WADDELL HEIDELBERG, JR., b. June 29, 1880.
vii. HINKLE PATTON HEIDELBERG, b. November 22, 1882.
viii. LITTLE BIRDIE HEIDELBERG, b. November 12, 1884.
ix. ERNEST EAST HEIDELBERG, b. November 15, 1893.
9. JULIUS CAESAR5 HEIDELBERG (JOHN CHRISTIAN4, THOMAS CHRISTIAN3, JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born September 10, 1837 in Beaver Creek, Jasper Co., MS, and died November 28, 1914 in Jasper Co., Mississippi. He married PARALEE BEASON c. 1880 in Jasper Co., Mississippi.
Child of JULIUS HEIDELBERG and PARALEE BEASON is:
11. i. HENRY WADSWORTH6 HEIDELBERG, b. January 26, 1881, Paulding, Jasper Co., MS.
Generation No. 6
10. SARAH JANE6 HEIDELBERG (WILLIAM WADDELL5, THOMAS CHRISTIAN4, THOMAS CHRISTIAN3, JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born February 15, 1875 in Heidelberg, Mississippi, and died January 01, 1946 in Gary, Lake Co., Indiana. She married ROBERT ENNIS WILKINSON, SR. December 24, 1891 in Mississippi, son of JOHN WILKINSON and ARTEMISIA JEMISON.
Children of SARAH HEIDELBERG and ROBERT WILKINSON are:
i. ROBERT ENNIS7 WILKINSON,JR., b. October 29, 1892.
12. ii. ELMA WILKINSON, b. January 15, 1895, Heidelberg, Mississippi; d. May 22, 1946, Indianapolis, Indiana.
iii. LILLIAN BELLE WILKINSON, b. May 26, 1898.
11. HENRY WADSWORTH6 HEIDELBERG (JULIUS CAESAR5, JOHN CHRISTIAN4, THOMAS CHRISTIAN3, JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born January 26, 1881 in Paulding, Jasper Co., MS. He married ELIZABETH DREW c. 1902.
Child of HENRY HEIDELBERG and ELIZABETH DREW is:
13. i. SAMUEL AUGUST7 HEIDELBERG, b. August 17, 1915, Jasper Co., Mississippi.
Generation No. 7
12. ELMA7 WILKINSON (SARAH JANE6 HEIDELBERG, WILLIAM WADDELL5, THOMAS CHRISTIAN4, THOMAS CHRISTIAN3, JOHN CHRISTIAN2, CHRISTIAN1) was born January 15, 1895 in Heidelberg, Mississippi, and died May 22, 1946 in Indianapolis, Indiana. She married FOREST LELAND FIERS August 10, 1918 in Meridan, Mississippi, son of JAMES FIERS and MARY MCKINTY.
Notes for FOREST LELAND FIERS:
From 1914 to 1917 Forest was in Company A, 1st Indiana Infantry. From 1917 to 1918 he was a Sargent with Company A, 151 Infantry. In 1918 to 1919, he was with the Quartermaster Corp at Camp Shelby, Mississippi. After WW-1 Forest attended DePauw and Butler Universities. He was member of Sigma Nu.
Children of ELMA WILKINSON and FOREST FIERS are:
14. i. MARY JANE8 FIERS, b. May 30, 1919, Indianapolis, Indiana; d. February 28, 1953, Walter Reed Hospital, Washington D.C..
15. ii. JAMES HENRY FIERS, b. April 22, 1921, Indianapolis, Indiana; d. August 26, 1998, Indianapolis, Indiana.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|