Have you seen the recent publication "Early Families of Berks, Bucks, and Montgomery Counties, Pennsylvania, by Keith A. Dull? It has a small section on the Herb family. It has the following on Johannes Herb:
"Johannes Herb (1i) m. Judita, and d. in Berks County, District Township, Pennsylvania, before 1759. Johannes had a land warrant in Philadelphia for 150 acres in Sep. 1734. They had the following children:
Catharina (1.1i)b. about 1723, and m. Michael Jacks in Berks County, Goshenhoppen Catholic Church on Dec. 26, 1745.
Abraham (1.2i), b. about 1725.
Jacob (1.3i), b. about 1727.
Susanna (1.4i), b. about 1728, and m. Johan Conrad Lorsbach at Falkner Swamp on Nov. 17, 1748.
Johanna Elisabetha (1.5i), b. in Nov. 1732.
Johannes (1.6i), b. about 1735."
Having done some research on the Herbs in the 1700's, I found:
1) Abraham's (1.2i) dates to agree with those you have (ref. Pennsylvania German Magazine, 1911);
2) Johanna Elizabetha's dates to agree with those you have (ref. Hill Church Cemetery tombstones);
3) Susanna's birthdate of 1728 is better than 1737 for a 1748 marriage;
4) Jacob's birthdate in 1733 would have him 21 years old when his first son is born in 1754 (Keith Dull has a birthdate of 1727, which has Jacob age 27 in 1754). I have translated Jacob's Will, so I know he did die in 1806, age ??;
5) Johannes birthdate of 1735 (per Keith Dull) does not agree well with the birth of his first son in 1750 (per Keith Dull). Your 1721 birth is better What is your basis for it?;
6) Anna Rosina & Jacob Walther were sposors for Herb baptisms. Is this the basis for her inclusion as a Herb sibling?
Hope to hear from you soon. I'm interested in Jacob Herb & his siblings, Jacob's daughter Maria Barbara and her siblings, then on to Andreas Nester (husband of both Maria Barbara and her sister Maria Catharina).
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|