Hi There: I'm researching the same family, I believe, just in another town; Ontario. Do you have any info on Patrick or Denis? Patrick Hobbins 1827 and Denis 1855 seem to be estranged from the rest of the family somehow.
1) Patrick Joseph Hobbins, b. 1827 in Ireland;
migrated to Canada; died 10 Jun 1882 in Middlesex.
Son Denis Joseph listed on Death Certificate as "Informant" of Death.
We've been told Denis is buried in Franklin Cemetery but
cannot seem to verify.
We would very much appreciate a date of death on him
and his son William Gordon Hobbins, 1881-abt 1926.
This is the info I have on Denis:
Denis Joseph Hobbins (1855 - abt 1901)
Based upon the "Ontario, Canada Voter Lists" Denis Hobbins:
1) Simcoe: shows he was a tenant 1879
2) Gray: shows he was a tenant 1880
3) Horton: shows he was a tenant, Roman Catholic 1881 ( No record for 1882)
4) Hill: shows he was a tenant; Roman Catholic 1883
5) Hill: shows he was a tenant; Roman Catholic 1884
1) Denis was born 1855 in Ireland (Probably County Tipperary)
* Tipperary, Monsea, Carrick Ireland, Index to Griffith’s Valuation, 1848-1864 (Land Holders)
* Tipperary, Kilbarron, Glenbower, Ireland, Index to Griffith’s Valuation, 1848-1864 (Land Holders)
2) Immigrated from Ireland to Canada 1875
3) Married Margaret Stewart 19 Jun 1878 in Middlesex, Canada
4) Daughter Mary T. Hobbins was born 1879 in Ontario.
5) Son William Gordon Hobbins was born 2 Jan 1882 in Ontario
6) Immigrated to U.S. (Franklin City, Venango, Pennsylvania) abt 1885; did not file for naturalization status
7) 1900 U.S. Federal Census shows Denis and family in Franklin, Venango, Pennsylvania, USA
8) Possibly buried at Franklin Cemetery, Franklin County Pennsylvania based upon this note I found:
"1881 census in Canada with the info is the line i am tracing. here are my problems (1) I found the Marriage record on line at Ancestry and the date, witnesses’ and place corresponds with info written in a bible that one of the family members hold. however it list's (Patrick Hobbins) as Dennis's father. On Dennis's Death cert. it list his father name as(William Hobbins)
(2) Dennis and Margaret moved to Franklin Pa. from Canada and are buried in Franklin Cemetery, the record at the cemetery has Dennis Joseph Hobbins as does his tombstone reads, The obit's in the Franklin paper list his name as (Daniel J. Hobbins).
Dennis's children William Gordon Hobbins and Mary Hobbins Crowmack's death cert. also list their father's name as Daniel.
(3) Iin the 1881 census it list's a Mary O'Keefe living with Dennis-Daniel? and Margaret, but Margaret Stewart's mother's name is Anna Maxwell and Dennis-Daniel's mother's name on his Death Cert say Mary Keough so she is not a mother or mother-in-law."
As of 15 Sep 2009 there is no further trace of Denis Joseph Hobbins. (See William Gordon Hobbins 1881)
Warm Regards and thanks again for anything you can do.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|