John, you descend from Hans Jacob Honaker, who landed at Philadelphia from Switzerland in 1749. A tremendous amount of research has been done on the family.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Honaker Family Assn., 105 Indian Bayou Drive, DESTIN FL 32541. You will want to purchase a few things including a composite picture we have of various views of Colonial Williamsburg's rifle attributed to Abraham Honaker, first American generation in your line. Two family histories also are available.
What is your mailing address? Thanks, Your cousin, Tom Hanlin. The following is listed in the current supplement to Honaker Family in America:
166. John Huling Honaker (James Buchanan, William Crockett, Abraham). Born 14 Jul 1894 in Saxon, Raleigh Co., W.Va. Died 11 Apr 1964 in Beckley, W.Va. He and his wife Gertrude are buried in the Ridgelawn section, Sunset Memorial Park, Beckley, W.Va., about 50 ft. east of her parentsí graves in the Hillcrest section. He was a blacksmith in Glen Rogers, Wyoming Co., W.Va., from 1919 to 1956. His son James R. said in 2002 that John Huling was the youngest child of James Buchanan.
He married Gertrude Lane Hawley, daughter of Mennis E. Hawley and Rosa Anne McMillian in Saxon, W.Va. Born 3 Mar 1900 at home in Saxon. Died 30 Sep 1981 in Saxon. Children:
166. i. Ruby Ann. Born 29 Jun 1918 in Mabin, W.Va.
166. ii. Dorothy May. Born 24 Feb 1920 in Mabin.
166. iii. John Huling, Jr. (called Shorty). Born 7 Dec 1924 in Glen Rogers, W.Va.
166. iv. James Richard (called Jim). Born 13 Oct 1926 in Glen Rogers.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|