Thanks again for the information.
John and Harriet (STUBBLEFIELD) HOPTON had 11 children. There are 3 additional daughters buried beside their father in Smith Grove Cemetery (to be called SGC, below) in Bond County, IL.
Here are some additional facts that I have in my records:
John's COD: Cholera; Served in the military in 1812,13 & 14
Harriet bur. Oakgrove Cemetery, Clinton, Henry County, MO (to be called OGC, below)
1. John HOPTON, Jr. (see information in Message #1) buried OGC
Wife #2 Julia Ann DEWEY buried: OGC
Wife #3 Celeste Lavina BURGESS buried Englewood Cemetery, Clinton, Henry County, MO
(Note there is a baby buried with her. In the same cemetery is a tombstone for Charles Edmond HOPTON 1912-1984, possibly her grandson?)
2. Matilda HOPTON (see information in Message #1) COD bronchitis
3. Mary Ann HOPTON b. Oct 14, 1819 Bond Co d. July 20, 1859 Bond County , buried: SGC, COD: Typhoid Fever
m. (1) Thomas MATHEW Feb 27, 1840
m. (2) John M. STUBBLEFIELD August 29, 1846 Bond County, buried SGC
4. Martha HOPTON b. July 9, 1824 Bond County m. David J. BAKER June 19, 1842
5. Francis "Fanny E. HOPTON b. April 30, 1927 Bond County d. bef 1853 m. Roger A. HITCHCOCK August 31, 1850
6. Harriett Elizabeth HOPTON b. March 29, 1828 Bond County m. Horace CLARK Jan 21, 1847
(Horace was previously married to Elizabeth STUBBLEFIELD)
7. Sarah HOPTON b. August 15, 1831 Bond County d. Henry County, MO m. William L. CHAMBERLAIN November 14, 1850
8. Lucinda S. HOPTON b. August 14, 1833 Bond County d. November 2, 1902 death listed as Greenville, Bond County but death certificate and burial are in Mt. Vernon, Jefferson County, buried: Oakwood Cemetery, COD: "catarah of stomach complicated by inition". William Franklin "Frank" PARROTT October 24, 1853, Vandalia, Fayette County, IL.
Frank is buried in SGC, his tombstone has disappeared since the 1970's.
9. Emily (twin) HOPTON b. December 20, 1834, Bond County, d. January 17, 1852 burial SGC age 17y
10. Rachel (twin) HOPTON b. December 20, 1834, Bond County, d. August 20, 1856, Bond County, buried SGC
( Tombstone list her age as 17y 9m but it computes as not quite 22 y?)
11. Hulda HOPTON b. April 20, 1836 Bond County d. abt 1852 Bond County, buried SGC, age around 16y. (Her tombstone is buried about halfway and death date could not be read)
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|