My great grandpa was James Howery, son of George Washington Howery and Eliza Fannin. He changed his last name to Cox after he was accused of horse thievery. I have more info on him if you're interested.
Descendants of George Washington Howry
Generation No. 1
1. GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY (DANIEL HARRISON1) was born January 20, 1839 in Arkansas, and died July 08, 1931 in Simmons, Live Oak Co., TX. He married (1) ELIZA CAROLINE FANNIN July 29, 1857 in Washington Co., Arkansas. She was born 1836. He married (2) MARY J. Abt. 1868. She was born 1853.
Children of GEORGE HOWRY and ELIZA FANNIN are:
2. i. JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), b. May 28, 1857; d. March 26, 1906, Menard County, Texas.
ii. MARGARET HOWRY, b. Abt. 1860.
Generation No. 2
2. JAMES HOWRY3 (COX) (GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born May 28, 1857, and died March 26, 1906 in Menard County, Texas. He married MEHALEY MCCARTY November 30, 1881 in Menard County, Texas, daughter of HARVEY MCCARTY and SARAH LEWIS. She was born January 02, 1857 in Texas, and died January 15, 1930 in Van Horn, Culberson, County, Texas.
Children of JAMES (COX) and MEHALEY MCCARTY are:
i. BABE4 COX.
3. ii. WILLIAM BUDDY COX.
4. iii. MARBLE COX, b. September 10, 1906, Menard, Texas.
5. iv. MARGARETTE COX, b. January 10, 1883.
6. v. SARAH ELIZABETH COX, b. February 01, 1884, Menard, Texas; d. September 07, 1957, Oakland, Alameda, CA.
7. vi. HULDA (TINKY) COX, b. March 02, 1895, Sonora, Texas; d. September 24, 1974, Junction, Kimble County,Texas.
8. vii. HARVEY CLAYBORN COX, b. December 25, 1900, Brady, Texas; d. January 25, 1962, Kernville, California.
Generation No. 3
3. WILLIAM BUDDY4 COX (JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) He married CATHERINE.
Children of WILLIAM COX and CATHERINE are:
i. JEAN5 COX.
ii. DELLAMAY COX, m. WALTER CLARK, Tacoma, Washington.
4. MARBLE4 COX (JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born September 10, 1906 in Menard, Texas. She married (1) DALE FARNSWORTH. He was born February 25, 19221, and died December 1988 in California1. She married (2) ORA WILLIAM (DUTCH) BROWNFIELD. He died in San Fernando, Ca.
Child of MARBLE COX and DALE FARNSWORTH is:
i. MURIEL5 FARNSWORTH.
Children of MARBLE COX and ORA BROWNFIELD are:
9. ii. MARBLE ORA5 BROWNFIELD, b. May 02, 1924.
iii. MANNY BROWNFIELD.
iv. BUDDY BROWNFIELD, m. BEVERLY.
5. MARGARETTE4 COX (JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born January 10, 1883. She married TOM KING.
Children of MARGARETTE COX and TOM KING are:
i. OMA5 KING.
ii. ORA KING.
iii. BUSTER KING.
iv. OLIE KING.
6. SARAH ELIZABETH4 COX (JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born February 01, 1884 in Menard, Texas, and died September 07, 1957 in Oakland, Alameda, CA. She married MONTGOMERY WRIGHT.
More About SARAH ELIZABETH COX:
Burial: September 11, 1957, Oakland, Alameda, CA, Evergreen Cemetary
Children of SARAH COX and MONTGOMERY WRIGHT are:
i. LOIS5 WRIGHT.
ii. MAMIE WRIGHT.
7. HULDA (TINKY)4 COX (JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born March 02, 1895 in Sonora, Texas, and died September 24, 1974 in Junction, Kimble County,Texas. She married WILLIAM FRANKLIN ATKINS September 19, 1914 in Ballinger, Runnels County, Texas, son of JAMES ATKINS and JANIE POWEL. He was born July 29, 1888 in Alabama, and died July 12, 1955 in Kerrville, Texas.
More About HULDA (TINKY) COX:
Fact 1: Buried in Junction, Texas
More About WILLIAM FRANKLIN ATKINS:
Fact 1: Buried in Junction, Texas
Children of HULDA COX and WILLIAM ATKINS are:
10. i. REBECCA JANIE5 ATKINS, b. March 26, 1918, Commanche, Texas; d. February 01, 1995, Junction, Kimble County,Texas.
11. ii. DELPHA MARIE ATKINS, b. May 24, 1920.
12. iii. WILLIAM FRANKLIN (PAT) ATKINS, b. July 14, 1922, Glendale, Arizona; d. February 13, 1970, Junction, Kimble County,Texas.
iv. LOUISE ATKINS, b. June 15, 1925, Dickens, Texas; d. March 23, 1972, Junction, Kimble County,Texas.
13. v. ROBERT LOUIS ATKINS, b. June 27, 1928, Dickens, Texas; d. November 16, 2006, Amarillo, Texas.
8. HARVEY CLAYBORN4 COX (JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born December 25, 1900 in Brady, Texas, and died January 25, 1962 in Kernville, California. He married NINA INEZ MULKEY in Pheonix, Arizona, daughter of ALONZO MULKEY and ALICE EVANS. She was born January 29, 1905 in Roswell, New Mexico, and died June 28, 1993 in Bakersfield, California.
More About HARVEY CLAYBORN COX:
Burial: Greenlawn Cemetary, Bakersfield, CA
Notes for NINA INEZ MULKEY:
Lived on a reservation near Broken Bow, Ok. for a time. Also lived in Ada, Ok.
More About NINA INEZ MULKEY:
Burial: Greenlawn Cemetary, Bakersfield, CA
Fact 1: Buried Garden of Roses, Greenlawn Memorial Park, Bakersfield, CA.
Children of HARVEY COX and NINA MULKEY are:
i. BETTY LOU5 COX.
ii. DARLENE COX.
14. iii. LAVIDA MAE COX, b. August 20, 1926, Ozona, Texas.
15. iv. FLORENE COX, b. January 28, 1928, Ozona, Texas; d. April 19, 2002, Bakersfield, CA.
Generation No. 4
9. MARBLE ORA5 BROWNFIELD (MARBLE4 COX, JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born May 02, 1924. She married JACK BRIMER.
Children of MARBLE BROWNFIELD and JACK BRIMER are:
i. LONNY6 BRIMER.
ii. JEANNE BRIMER.
10. REBECCA JANIE5 ATKINS (HULDA (TINKY)4 COX, JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born March 26, 1918 in Commanche, Texas, and died February 01, 1995 in Junction, Kimble County,Texas. She married (1) J.C. JORDAN. He died in Junction, Kimble County,Texas. She married (2) TROY BURKETT.
Children of REBECCA ATKINS and J.C. JORDAN are:
i. JERRY DON6 JORDAN.
ii. JAMES REVANNA JORDAN.
iii. JOHNNY JORDAN.
Child of REBECCA ATKINS and TROY BURKETT is:
iv. WILLIAM6 BURKETT.
11. DELPHA MARIE5 ATKINS (HULDA (TINKY)4 COX, JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born May 24, 1920. She married H. N. DAY. He was born February 02, 1921.
Children of DELPHA ATKINS and H. DAY are:
i. CAROL ANN6 DAY, b. February 02, 1947.
ii. LINDA GAIL DAY, b. March 14, 1948.
iii. CATHERINE MARIE DAY, b. August 29, 1950.
12. WILLIAM FRANKLIN (PAT)5 ATKINS (HULDA (TINKY)4 COX, JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born July 14, 1922 in Glendale, Arizona, and died February 13, 1970 in Junction, Kimble County,Texas. He married MARY FURRH in Dickens, Texas, daughter of OLLIE MAE.
Children of WILLIAM ATKINS and MARY FURRH are:
i. WILLIAM FRANKLIN6 ATKINS, b. January 21, 1948.
ii. ANNETTE ATKINS, b. January 23, 1950.
iii. THOMAS LEE ATKINS, b. January 19, 1952.
iv. JUDY ATKINS, b. April 17, 1954.
v. BONNIE ATKINS, b. July 30, 1961.
vi. KATHERINE ATKINS, b. August 12, 1963.
vii. PATSY DARLENE ATKINS.
13. ROBERT LOUIS5 ATKINS (HULDA (TINKY)4 COX, JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born June 27, 1928 in Dickens, Texas, and died November 16, 2006 in Amarillo, Texas. He married LUCILLE BERNICE ADAMS January 10, 1948 in Dickens, Texas, daughter of CLARENCE ADAMS and DELLA SMITH. She was born December 05, 1930 in Eufala, OK.
More About ROBERT LOUIS ATKINS:
Burial: November 18, 2006, Memory Gardens
Notes for LUCILLE BERNICE ADAMS:
Robert Atkins, 78, of Amarillo died Thursday, Nov. 16, 2006.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday in N.S. Griggs & Sons Funeral Directors Pioneer Chapel, 2615 Paramount Blvd., with Bob Thomas, chaplain of Odyssey Health Care, officiating. Burial will be in Memory Gardens.
Mr. Atkins was born June 27, 1928, in Dickens. He married Lucille Adams in 1947 in Dickens. They moved to Amarillo in 1966 from Lubbock. He was a truck driver for more than 40 years before becoming the owner and operator of 4-Way store in Fourway from 1990 to 2001.
Survivors include his wife, Lucille Atkins; three sons, James Atkins and wife Thresa of Amarillo, Larry Atkins and wife Carol of Tulsa, Okla., and Terry Atkins and wife Denise of Dumas; two daughters, Sue Robinson and husband Larry and Brenda Ivey, all of Amarillo; and a sister, Delpha Day and husband Pete of Roanoke.
Amarillo Globe-News, Nov. 17, 2006
Children of ROBERT ATKINS and LUCILLE ADAMS are:
i. BOBBY DAVID6 ATKINS, b. September 23, 1948; d. September 24, 1948, Spur, TX.
ii. JAMES ROBERT ATKINS, b. July 20, 1949, Spur, TX; m. (1) THRESA TATE, Amarillo, TX; b. September 01, 1953, Lockney, TX; m. (2) PAULINE KIMBROUGH.
iii. IRIS SUE ATKINS, b. January 23, 1952, Dickens, Texas; m. LARRY NEIL ROBINSON, August 26, 1967, Vega, Texas; b. April 10, 1950, Stringtown, OK.
iv. LARRY RAY ATKINS, b. January 19, 1954, Abilene, TX; m. CAROL LITTLE, May 14, 1980.
v. BRENDA LUCILLE ATKINS, b. August 08, 1956, Abilene, TX; m. WILSON LEE IVEY, Amarillo, TX; b. June 23, 1951.
vi. ALAN TERRY ATKINS, b. September 29, 1958, Abilene, TX; m. LORA DENISE KING PIGG, April 07, 1978, Las Vegas, NV.
14. LAVIDA MAE5 COX (HARVEY CLAYBORN4, JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born August 20, 1926 in Ozona, Texas. She married DALE ERVIN YEARGAN April 07, 1946 in Bakersfield, California, son of ERVIN YEARGAN and LORENE DABBS. He was born December 13, 1925 in Compton, California.
Children of LAVIDA COX and DALE YEARGAN are:
i. CHRIS DALE6 YEARGAN, b. June 11, 1947, Oildale, Kern County, California; m. SPARKLE CATHERINE CHECK, May 16, 1970, Grand Forks Air Force Base, Mekinock, ND; b. September 15, 1948, Manila, Phillippine Islands.
Notes for CHRIS DALE YEARGAN:
Chris retired from the Air Force on 1 Aug 1991 after 24 years, 6 months service. During his Air Force career, he earned 3 Meritorious Service medals and 4 Commendation medals, and attained the rank of Senior Master Sergeant. His duty assignments included 2 years and 4 months at Nha Trang, Vietnam, 3 years at Norton Air Force Base, California, 8 years at Wheeler Air Force Base, Hawaii, and 11 years at Grand Forks Air Force Base, ND.
Notes for SPARKLE CATHERINE CHECK:
Sparkle came to the U.S. from Angeles City, Luzon, Philippines, in 1967 as an Air Force dependent child of her step father, Frank Howard. Frank was stationed at Grand Forks Air Force Base, ND, from 1967 until his retirement in 1970. Sparkle's mother and step father moved to Hatton, ND after their retirement.
ii. RUSSELL ALLEN YEARGAN, b. September 25, 1958, Bakersfield, Kern Co., CA.
15. FLORENE5 COX (HARVEY CLAYBORN4, JAMES HOWRY3 (COX), GEORGE WASHINGTON2 HOWRY, DANIEL HARRISON1) was born January 28, 1928 in Ozona, Texas, and died April 19, 2002 in Bakersfield, CA. She married ROY WAYNE HUNTER. He was born in Missouri, and died in Missouri.
More About FLORENE COX:
Burial: April 23, 2002, Greenlawn Cemetary, Bakersfield, CA
Children of FLORENE COX and ROY HUNTER are:
i. ROY WAYNE6 HUNTER, b. April 07, 1951, Bakersfield, CA; d. February 08, 1966, Bakersfield, CA.
More About ROY WAYNE HUNTER:
Burial: February 11, 1966, Greenlawn Cemetary, Bakersfield, CA
ii. GAY LYNN HUNTER, b. March 27, 1952, Bakersfield, CA; d. July 27, 2005, Bakersfield, CA; m. ARTHUR SNYDER, Bakersfield, California, Kern County.
iii. CHARLES HUNTER, b. August 19, 1953.
1. Broderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 5, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Date of Import: Aug 18, 1999, Internal Ref. #220.127.116.11556.93
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|