My mothers surname is also Huszár. I am directly interested in the subject.
In Hungary there were several Huszár families:
1) The Báthori HUSZÁRs, from the counties of Nógrád, Hont, Bars, Esztergom, Pest and others. This famili can be traced back to Márton Huszár around 1591. (This is my mother's family).
2) The Nagy-baráthi HUSZÁRs. They can be traced back to János HUSZAR to about 1572.
3) The Várdai HUSZÁRs, that has some information on György HUSZÁR arpund 1482.
4) The Regóczi and Krpelléni HUSZÁRs that also has some information on István HUSZÁR downward but can not be traced down completely. Originally lived in the counties of Trencsin and Nyitra.
5) The Brenhidai HUSZÁRs starting from Péter HUSZÁR around 1576.
6) The Kövesdi HUSZÁRs that were living in Erdély (Transylvania). Known member was József HUSZÁR who adopted the surname around 1742.
7) The Dézsi HUSZÁRs that lived in Kövár Erdély (Transylvania).
8) The Nagy-ajtai HUSZÁRs, adopted the surname qualifier through József HUSZÁR around 1847, and lived in Udvarhelyszék, worked as a lawyer.
9) The Baráthi HUSZÁRs from the county of Pozsony, and can be traced back to 1569.
If you happen to find out to which of the HUSZÁR families your relatives belong, the search is much easier.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|