John Edward (Nilson) Johnson and Amanda Carolina Johnson married in 1886 in Stockholm, Sweden, and had eight children. The couple came to the U.S. 1892, going directly to Stromsberg, Nebraska.
John Edward Johnson was born 11 October 1851 in Yungby, Forsamling, Kalmar Lan, Sweden, died 29 December 1926, Stromsberg, Nebraska. Parents were Johannes Nilson Johanson and Elin Johansdotter, both of Yungby, Kalmar, Sweden.
Amanda Carolina Johnson was born 13 December 1860 in Sunne, Varmland, Sweden, and died 21 June 1940 in Stromsberg, Nebraska. Parents were Olaf Johansson and Katherine LNU both of Sunne, Varmland, Sweden.
1. Son, Axel Edward Johnson, b. 17 March 1887, Stockholm, Sweden, d. 14 November 1952, Polk, Nebraska. Married Emma Christine Sundberg and had two children, Myron and Deloris.
2. Daughter, Edith Johnson, never married.
3. Olaf "Ed" Edward Johnson, b. 13 April 1891, Stockholm, Sweden, d. 19 April 1952, Omaha, Nebraska. Married Winnie Pearl Hess, four children, one son, three daughters.
4. Elin Carola Johnson, b. 22 March 1893, Stromsberg, Nebraska, d. 25 November 1969, Memphis, Tennessee. Married Elmer E. Wallin of Stromsberg, Nebraska, five children, two sons and three daughters.
5. Roswell Edwin Johnson, b. 05 November 1895, Stromsberg, Nebraska, d. 15 July 1954, Grand Island, Nebraska. Married Grace M. Kay, one daughter.
6. Walford Joseph Johnson, b. 12 October 1898, Stromsberg, Nebraska, d. 27 July 1957. A veterinarian, Walford married Betty Dreunsbach and had a son and daughter.
7. Florence Amanda Johnson, b. 24 April 1901, Stromsberg, Nebraska, d. 16 April 1959. Married to William David Thuernagle of Grand Island, Nebraska and had one child, Lola Jeanne Thuernagle.
8. Lillian Caroline Johnson, b. 03 August 1903, Stromsberg, Nebraska, d. 02 October 1997, Laramie, Wyoming. First marriage to Harold Gustafson, two sons. Second marriage to C. E. Kentfield, no children.
I am Elin Johnson's (Wallin) grandson. Trying to contact descendants of John Edward Johnson. wzko at hotmail dot com
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|