I would be interested on the info that you have on Patrick Kavanagh.
I have a bit of info on an Ellen Rossiter that married a Martin Kavanagh b. Oct. 1853. Maybe you can shed some light on the info below.
14. MARTIN Kavanagh(A Patrick?) b. Oct. 1853. m. First Ellen Rossiter. m. Second Agnes Joseph Walsh b. July 3, 1861 at Renews, Nfld. Martin and Agnes were married on Aug. 11, 1880 at Caplin Bay at Holy Trinity RC Church. Martin is identified as a fisherman. He is listed in the 1921 census as living with two of his children, Helena and Albert. Agnes died on Jan 20, 1920 at age 59. Martin died about 1935 at Calvert, Nfld.
Note: There is some question as to whether Martin was married two times. The author has corresponded with a Rossiter researcher and he indicated that he had no record of a Martin marrying an Ellen. The James and Peter listed below may be one in the same person. It was not uncommon to use both given names – Peter James or James Peter.
Children by first wife Ellen:
77. I. James b. 1876 at Caplin Bay. m. Kathleen Sullivan.
Children by second wife:
78. I. Peter b. Jun. 19, 1879 at Caplin Bay. d. Feb. 12, 1967 at Calvert.
79. II. Thomas b. Oct. 12, 1880 at Caplin Bay.
80. III. Patrick Joseph b. Oct. 18, 1881 at Caplin Bay.
81. IV. Mary Francis b. Sept. 11, 1883 at Caplin Bay.
82. V. John b. June 12, 1884/5. d. May 16, 1964.
83. VI. Esther b. Apr. 19, 1887/8 d. June 15, 1902 age 14 of dropsy. Caplin Bay.
84. VII. James b. Sept. 13, 1889. m. Kathleen/Catherine Sullivan b. March 16, 1885/6.
At Caplin Bay.
85. VIII. Thomas Joseph b. Aug. 10, 1891. d. June 19, 1918 of meningitis at age 27 Caplin
86. IX. Catherine Jane b. Jul. 5, 1883.
87. X. Catherine Jane b. Apr. 8, 1895. Died of heart trouble on Nov. 24, 1917 at Caplin
88. XI. Ann b. Feb. 23, 1898.
89. XII. Helena b. Apr. 4, 1899/1900.
90. XIII. Martin Jr. b. Feb. 17, 1902. d. Feb. 22, 1902 of convulsions at Caplin Bay.
91. XIV. Albert b. Apr. 21, 1906.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|