Teri, I apologize in getting back to you so late. I just returned from vacation. Anyway, here is some information I have beginning with my great-great grandfather Martin Keever. I got this information through the Mormon Church here in Missoula a few years ago. The submitter of some of the information was Duane S Keever - Denver, CO Other pieces of information are from my great-grandfather's writings entitled "Events in the Life of Alvin Harrison Keever and His Family"
Martin Keever born Jan 16, 1844 (Grant County, Iowa) (Civil War Veteran)died Mar 24, 1924 Dresden,Decatur,KS
married Rebecca Margaret Wilson born Feb 20, 1851 (Marion, Iowa) on Nov 14, 1867 in Iowa (Rebecca died in 1908 at the young age of 57)- homsteaded in Kansas - place unknown to me - then bought land 4 miles NW of Lebanon, KS -sold that place - bought 1/2 section in Decatur County, KS south of Jennings, KS
Martin and Rebeccca had 13 children of which my great-grandfather Alvin Harrison Keever was #12.
1. Dillon A born 1868 location unknown
2. Silva Jane born 1869 location unknown
3. Cora Lavada born 1871 location Iowa
4. David Walter born 1875 location Kansas
5. Annie Belle born 1876 location Indiana
6. John Ellsworth born 1878 location Indiana
7. Carrie Lenore born 1880 location unknown
8. Lucretia Maggie born 1881 location unknown
9. Martin William born 1883 location Kansas known as Will
10. Eva Lois born 1885 location Kansas
11. James Daniel born 1887 location unknown known as Jim
12. Alvin Harrison born 1888 location Oakvale,Smith,KS
13. Infant Keever born 1895 location Kansas
I also have limited information going back to my great-great-great-great grandfather Keever born in 1780....but they were from Indiana and Ohio, not Kansas
Hope some of this information helps you in your search. If you learn of anything you would like to share I would be welcome to hear it. You can e-mail me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck in your family quest.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|