Finding out the parents of George and Elizabeth Clark would solve an age old mystery in our family.
If anyone might have any tips on how to figure out who their parents were maybe from birth or christening records in Maryland, or their marraige certificate? I was told the British burned many of the national census records from this period in the war of 1812. Maybe true, but most likely not local records.
I have information on Clarks of Morgan and Washington Counties in Ohio marrying those with the last names of Watkins, Newton, Keith, Day, Augenstein, and Johnson. Many of these were from Frederick County Maryland.
This is a list of George and Elizabeths children that I found.
1. GEORGE1 CLARK was born 1789 in Maryland, and died May 27, 1854 in Centerville
Township, Morgan County, Ohio. He married ELIZABETH. She died Unknown.
Children of GEORGE CLARK and ELIZABETH are:
2. i. HAZELETT2 CLARK, b. Abt. 1811, Maryland; d. September 04, 1891, Morgan County, Ohio.
3. ii. WILLIAM CLARK, b. Bet. 1815 - 1817, Ohio; d. October 13, 1877, Morgan County, Ohio.
4. iii. JANE CLARK, b. Abt. 1820; d. Unknown.
iv. SARAH CLARK, b. Bet. 1820 - 1824; d. Unknown; m. ISAAC PURCELL, April 04, 1844; d. Unknown.
5. v. ALEXANDER CLARK, b. July 18, 1823, Jefferson County, Ohio; d. October 29, 1905, Beverly, Waterford
Township, Washington County, Ohio.
6. vi. ELIZABETH CLARK, b. Abt. 1826, Pennsylvannia; d. Unknown.
7. vii. MARY CLARK, b. Abt. 1830, Ohip; d. Unknown.
8. viii. ISREAL CLARK, b. April 17, 1833, Morgan County, Ohio; d. September 20, 1871, Muskingum County, Ohio.
ix. EMILY CLARK, b. Abt. 1838, Morgan County, Ohio; d. Unknown.
x. SARAH CLARK, b. Abt. 1846; d. Unknown.
I have found land grants for some of their sons but not for George. Also, any tips for finding the land purchase or grant for George Clark in Morgan County between 1811 and 1815?
Many thanks, Scott
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|