I do not know what became of Mary, the daughter of Nathan Peoples & Margaret Kelsay, but I do know this about the family of Mary's brothers and sisters. Just in case it helps. Margaret Kelsay was daughter of John Kelsay & Margaret Campbell, who came from North Ireland to Pennsylvania and then to Rockbridge / Botetourt County, Virginia. Margaret's brother John Kelsay is my 5th great grandfather.
CHILDREN OF NATHAN AND MARGARET (KELSAY) PEOPLES (#4 above):
1) Nathan Peoples Jr., born 1774 in Rockbridge County, Virginia. On May 14, 1807 his father deeded him land in Sullivan County, Tennessee, where they had moved to about 1789. Nathan married on June 17, 1807 in Carter County, TN, to Lavinia Patton, daughter of John and Mary (McKeohan) Patton. Nothing else is known of Nathan except in 1830 he is living in Washington County, Tennessee, and has a family consisting of seven sons and three daughters. One of his sons was Joseph Madison Pinckney Peoples (1829-1868). Others are thought to include Nancy, Basmarth, Rachel, Abraham, Ezra, Nathan and Donald.
2) John Peoples, born July 9, 1776 in Rockbridge County, Virginia. He moved to Tennessee with his parents and on August 3, 1796 was deeded 180 acres of land by his father in Sullivan County. He may be the John Peoples listed in the 1797 tax list of neighboring Carter County. About 1810 (probably in Sullivan County) John married Frances Murrell, daughter of Richard Murrell, born 1785. He is listed in the 1830 and 1840 Census of Sullivan County, Tennessee. He died before December 1, 1842, at which time the executors of his will deeded land in Kingsport, Sullivan County, to Daniel Rogan. Of his large family, only the names of four children are known (John, Murrell, Mary and Nathan Peoples).
3) Ann Peoples, born October 3, 1778 Rockbridge County, Virginia. She married 1798 in Sullivan County, Tennessee to Nathan Bachman, son of Samuel and Rachel (Owen) Bachman, born September 13, 1773 at Saucon Township, Pennsylvania. He moved from Philadelphia to Rockbridge County, Virginia, and then on to Sullivan County, Tennessee. In 1808 he operated a grist mill. Ann died March 31, 1834 and Nathan died 1859 and both are buried in the family cemetery at Clover Bottom, Sullivan County, Tennessee. They had ten children, all raised at Clover Bottom (Elizabeth, Jonathan, Mary, Jane, Margaret, John, Nathan, Samuel, Enoch and George).
4) Mary Peoples, nothing known of her except she is named in the will of her uncle, Samuel Kelsay, in 1795.
5) Elizabeth Peoples, named in her uncle Samuel Kelsay's will in 1795. She is believed to be the Elizabeth Peoples who married April 12, 1812 in Carter County, Tennessee to Stephen Tilson, as Nathan Peoples was security at marriage. If so, Elizabeth was born 1786 and Stephen 1776 and they were living 1850 in Greene County, Tennessee.
BELIEVED TO BE CHILDREN OF NATHAN & MARGARET KELSAY PEOPLES:
6) Hannah Peoples, married July 26, 1796 in Carter County, Tennessee to Samuel Lusk. Nathan Peoples, security at marriage.
7) James Peoples, married April 6, 1803 Carter County, Tennessee to Rodah McNabb. Nathan Peoples, security at marriage.
8) Margaret Peoples, married June 14, 1804 in Carter County, Tennessee to John Mayson.
9) Isabel Peoples, married at Carter County, Tennessee on January 28, 1800 to Joseph Mason.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|