You should be able to find earlier published family histories dealing with the Kerfoot at your local L.D.S. library. I would not use their computer bank, full of errors.
Our branch of the family (not to be connected with the group in PA) had some work done on the family by Rev. Eugene B. Jackson (buried in Prospect Hill Cemetery of Front Royal, Warren Co. VA) it was from only that the name of Wm. Kerfoot's wife as being Mary Margaret Carter come from. I have not been able to confirm that from other sources. He stated that she was the daughter of Robert Wormley Carter which is not true. If she was a member of the Carter family of Frederick Co. VA., I think "we" should look at the group of Quaker Carters in the area. Believe an author has compiled a book on that family. I failed to purchase a copy when it came out--my mistake.
You can view a copy of Wm. Kerfoot's will on microfilm and other land deeds. My book on film at the L.D.S. deals with the Kerfoot who married into the Sowers Family. Stuart Brown's book on Clarke Historical Homes has information about the Kerfoot family. These would be your distant cousins.
I would like there is any problem linking your Sarah Kerfoot who married Wm. Alexander as being a daughter of Wm. Kerfoot The following is the only information I have on your branch. What I have can be verified among records found in Frederick Co. VA.
Sarah Kerfoot m. Wm. Alexander had:
1. Sarah K. Alexander m. 4 Nov 1829 Frederick Co. VA to Wm. G. Kerfoot. Copy of their actual marriage bond can be ordered from your nearest L.D.S. or through VA library inter-loan service.
2. Wm. Alexander m. 1 Jan 1815 Frederick Co. VA to Elizabeth Powers. Same as above as to getting a copy of bond.
3. Matthew Alexander
4. Hiram Alexander
5. Elijah Alexander m........Hedges
6. Margaret Alexander
7. John Alexander b. 1797 m. 14 Jan 1810 Frederick Co. VA Jemima Crigler. Marriage bond on microfilm.
8. James Alexander b. c1799 m. 27 Dec 1821 Frederick Co. VA to Jane Peyton.
That all I have on your line, sure the records for the Alexander family exist in Frederick Co. VA.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|