This is in response to Lonne Heath's post regarding Elizabeth, daughter of Hinchey Killebrew.
Hinchey Killebrew, b abt 1754 in present Sussex Co. VA, removed with his brother John Killebrew, christened 19 Jun 1756 in Albemarle Parish, by 1779 to Jones Co. NC. They were sons of John Killebrew alias Kinneburgh b abt 1728 Surry Co. VA d by Dec 1794 Sussex Co. VA m abt 1750 Sarah Thompson, d/o Wm Thompson Sr. d by 21 Apr 1752 Albemarle Parish, Surry Co., and wife Mary. John was son of William Killigrew alias Killebrew b abt 1690 d by Apr 1740 Isle of Wight Co. VA (present Southampton Co. VA) m abt 1720 Surry Co. VA Sarah Wiggins.
Hinchey and brother John came with or followed John Adams to Jones Co. John Adams, son of David Adams, of Southampton Co. VA (adjoined Sussex) was in Jones by 1779 and died there in 1790.
Hinchey d bef 8 May 1832 Jones Co. m abt 1775 VA/NC Mary unknown and had the following children:
(1) William Killebrew b abt 1775 d by Nov 1813 Jones Co. NC m abt 1805 Piety unknown d by 28 Jan 1856 Jones Co. Their children were: Abner W. b abt 1807 m 8 Jan 1846 Houston Co. GA Sarah Cox and Kinchen b abt 1810 d 1880 Jones Co.
(2) John Killebrew b abt 1778, by 1834 in adjoining Duplin Co.
(3) unknown daughter b abt 1780.
(4) Elizabeth Killebrew b abt 1784 d bef 1824 Jones Co. m bef 1810 Samuel Berry Heath b bef 1784 d 1840 Jones Co. who m (2) abt 1825 Lovey unknown. Children by Elizabeth Killebrew: Leviah Heath b bef 1813; Wm Heath b abt 1816 d 1867 Jones Co. m abt 1837 Mary Ann Shelfer; and likely another son (see below).
(5) Hannah Killebrew b abt 1786 d aft 1850 Jones Co. m abt 1806 John Gilbert.
1810 Jones Co. census:
Samuel B. Heath
1 male b 1765-1784 2 females b 1784-1794
1 male b 1794-1800 2 males b 1800-1810
1820 Jones Co. census:
Samuel B. Heath (adj'd Micajah s/o John Adams)
1 male b 1775-1794 1 female b 1775-1794
1 male b 1804-1810 1 male b 1800-1810
1 female b 1800-1810
Hinchey Killebrew died after 30 Aug 1824 and prior to 8 May 1832 when his son John deeded Jonas Jones Sr. 1/5 part of 400a yet undivided on both sides of Joshua's and Buttery Creeks; 31 Oct 1834 Leviah Heath deeded Jonas Jones Sr. land on the north side of Tuckahoe Crk, on both sides of Joshua's Crk, being her undivided right in the estate of Hinchey Killebrew, 1/3 of 1/5 part...; 9 Sep 1841 Hannah Gilbert and husband John Gilbert deeded to Jonas Jones Jr. all my right in an undivided tract...left to me by my father Hinchey Killebrew...; 8 Feb 1853 Calvin Heath deeded Wm Cox 37a partly in Jones and Lenoir Cos. on Buttery Br, 1/3 of a tract which fell to my father and to me as legal heir.
The children of above Wm Heath are:
(1) Elizabeth/Betsy Jane Heath b abt 1837
(2) Annie Levira Heath b abt 1842
(3) Mary S. Heath b abt 1843
(4) Samuel J. Heath b abt 1845
(5) Abner Killebrew Heath b 14 Mar 1850 Jones Co. NC d 12 Jun 1904 New Hanover Co. NC
(6) Wm Henry Heath b abt 1852
(7) Julia C. Heath b abt 1853
(8) Ersula A. Heath b abt 1855
(9) Josephus Latham Heath b 23 Dec 1858 Jones Co. NC
Hope this helps and should you determine who Calvin Heath is, please let me know.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|